2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me down here in South Texas that is seeing a huge price difference in CORN all over?

Corn at Wal-Mart used to be under 4 bucks. I think last I looked the going prices was almost 5 - 6 bucks a BAG.

What are you guys paying for Corn?

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you are finding it for 5 - 6 bucks for a 50 lb sack, I'll pay the shipping on a few tons. $6 for 40 lbs is still a decent price.

·
Registered
158 Posts
$7.25 per 50lb.s of apple scented corn from Mummes in Rio Medina. It's cheaper by the ton but you'd have to call them on it and get a quote.

They sell it cheaper cause they buy it straight from the field and bag it themselves...meanwhile everywhere in San Antonio is selling 40s for 6.99+.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Paid 182 bucks for 1300 lbs at Nine Point Grain in El Campo 3 weeks ago.7 bucks per 50 pound sack of good clean corn aint too badfrom what i have seen everywhere else.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I went by Academy at 290 and 6 and they were sold ou $7 for a 40#, I went across the street to Gander Mountain and they wanted $10 for a 40#.........I said screw it and bought at brookeshire brothers in Buffalo for $7 a 40# bag.....

·
Member of da MYC!!
448 Posts
Paid 8.00 bucks a bag at HEB in Fredericksburg 50#er then the lady gave me $1 off coupon from Budweiser on each bag which got me to $7 a bag which is a good deal if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
***** Sporting goods has for $5.99 per 40 lbs. Wal Mart is $6.00 plus for 40lbs. I heard prices where coming down to the dealers but they where not lowering there prices to the end user. Seems once something goes up it stays that way. I would only buy twice cleaned and not buy any field corn or hand packaged corn, to much trash.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
If you follow Robowader around,, corn is free!

·
Registered
271 Posts
6000#'s from my local farmer last Thursday for $11.75 per 100#'s. Its combine run but doesnt have anything in it but some chaff, that dusty ****. He drops it in my homemade auger trailer and I never have to touch it. Been buying it for 10 years and never had a stopped up feeder. He always has a really new looking combine, maybe that has something to do with it. Sounds like I am getting a pretty good deal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts