2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen! Today for your eye appealing pleasure we have one and only one Catergory 2 Hurricane rated popping cork. This one of a kind item was recently rescued off the Texas City Dike out of a debris pile that would have made Godzilla proud. So don't hold back on this chance to own a piece of history. Either we auction it for charity or find it's rightful owner. It told me it was lonely and wanted a good home. Ya'll help me out on this. Strictly meant as humor and not to take pleasure in others misfortune.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I think you need to raise it's rating to Cat4. We are hearnig down here that you all had a Cat2 storm with a Cat4 storm surge. If it came off the Dike, it is a survivor of the surge, therefore truly deserves a Cat4 rating.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You could auction it and use the proceeds to thank those (like Mont's post) who have been helping restore sanity...police, electric company workers, etc. One lady mentioned that she was checking ID's to get in an area and after being yelled at by one car, the next one handed her a box of donuts. Something simple, but appreciative.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Put it on ebay with your story and give the proceeds to one of the charities or faith based organizations. Maybe we could even find some other "storm survivor" items and make up a package deal. I mention ebay only because it has a wider audience and you might get a bigger amount of money. Green to you for the idea.

·
<<<<<It's a living, don't ask!!
2,514 Posts
Last time I went fishing was in 2004 but I did lose a cork while fishing East Bay. I'll start the bidding. I don't have any money but I can offer 1 pound of Iraqi sand and 100 spent rounds of AK-47 ammo. How am I looking Danny?

Shooter

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well's that's a fine opening bid! Although I think there could be some late bidders jump in and try to snipe ya' as time moves on. Is this bid in your name or Uncle Sam's? Keep your head down and watch for the real snipers even if ya' are on the way home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts