2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if ya'll follow any golf but Corey Pavin who has had his share of BAD PLAY lately fired a smooth 26 on the front nine yesterday at a tourney to set a PGATOUR record for low 9 holes...

It's good to see him back playing well, he is one of the classiest guys on tour.

I hope he can back it up with another 3 solid days....

I am pulling for him!

JDS

·
Registered
859 Posts
Lightning in a bottle

It would be good to see. Everytime I think about Corey Pavin is his 4 wood into the 18th at the US Open to about 6 ft, then lags his birdie putt for the tap in and the win. Using his old school Wilson 8802.

·
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice recall

Casey, that was a nice recall... He cut that 4 wood in there like a bananer if I remember right...

That's the thing about him he is so old school he still plays all the shots like a master pool player.....

I think Michelle Wie can hit it past him...

JDS

·
The C-LISTERS are coming
6,732 Posts
And he only played the back 9 in 1 under. Could have broke 60 with a good back 9. Ave. drive was 266.1 yd., only hit 3 of 13 fairways, but 16 of 18 gir. Hope he continues to play well and wins one for us more mature golfers.

·
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dunking The 6 Iron

FOR A SMOOTH 2 and an EAGLE was a dagger!!! What a round he played... very precise and tactical...

HATS OFF TO THE OVER 45 CREW ON THE TOUR!

JODE

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Love Corey Pavin! It is great to see one of the older guys win again. Brown Deer Park is an old-style course that requires you to work the ball and not just bomb away like most of the courses are designed today. This is one tournament where the short knockers do well like Pavin and Sluman. Loren Roberts was one of the shortest hitters on tour, but one who could work it both ways and won this tournament twice. I remember going to the Houston Open in the mid-nineties and following Pavin and Payne Stewart around for the entire round. I am a single-digit handicap and thought I could play a little, but after watching Pavin fade it, draw it, hit it high, hit it low, I knew that little guy could flat out PLAY!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.