2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have coolant leaking from what would appear to be the radiator itself. But then I noticed it only leaks when it's cold??? Once it heats up it doesn't seem to leak.

Was wondering if it could just be a seal or gasket that once it heats up and expands is fine, but might just need replacing? Also curious as to thoughts on radiator "Stop Leak" products. I noticed several different kinds and brands at Walmart. Anyone have any expirience with these products, and know whether or not they actually work?

Thanks for any input...............KC

· Registered
26,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure where it's leaking from, but it seems to be coming from the coils. I could be totally wrong about that though! It doesn't over-heat even with the temps we've been having. It doesn't even run any warmer than it ever did. I just top off my resevoir about every 2-weeks. I know I'll eventually need to take it in to get it checked out, I was mainly curious about the stop-leak stuff. I kinda figured that it wouldn't be the best thing, just wanted opinions about it.

I sure appreciate the responses. I even checked to see what a new radiator for it would run, just in case it has to be replaced. The cost wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But for now, I'm gonna see if I can limp along on it for another month.

Thanks again. Take it easy.............KC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.