2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fishing Guide
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished today with Bob Wolverton of Lake Conroe and his son Brad of Houston.
This was the trip Bob won from the Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival. Brad showed everyone how to catch fish today, over and over and over.

A fun day on the water with good folks, that is what it is all about. Started off about 6:30 this morning with the temperature hung up on 38 degrees, and the winds hung up on about 10 mph to start with (they got higher).

The fish in the spot where I have been catching a bunch, had lock jaw and we caught none there, so we moved, ended up stopping at three other places. Found some fish in 4-8 foot water, on SureShot punch bait, using tight lines.

Ended the day with 50 nice fish for Bob's wife to cook. I know she will be happy. I also know she sure makes some good Tuna fish sandwiches.

Thanks Bob and Brad for a good trip.

Weldon Kirk

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
WTG OB! I like the way you think outside the box, if they don't bite where they were yesterday, move! Sometimes that it is hard, to give it up and go find them, you seem to be able to adjust quick.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
good mess of cat there capt. kirk. I begun to set out my trotlines in livingston. the cat have really been biting good on livingston...mainly because the shad are all over the place. I ve done pretty good in 6 ft of water coming off of drop offs. threw out about 15 jugs...and only 1 or 2 had bait when I checked them.....
save some for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts