2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rookie
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any suggestions for where to take some fish to have it prepared for you in Corpus Christi. I can cook, I just choose not to. I don't have much help with the boat and fish preparations after a trip, so I would like to take it somewhere to have it cooked for me while I relax in the a/c and drink a beer or two.

I enjoy going to Laguna Reef in Flour Bluff, but they are closed on Sundays, when I am usually wanting fish. They did a real good job blackening my shark steaks and have a wonderful batter for frying snapper fillets. I also enjoy being able to dock the boat and go in without having to load the boat back onto the trailer first. It is a very well-equipped facility. I have no complaints about the establishment. I would even go so far as to recommend it to friends. (I rarely go out on a limb with referrals.) I just want options.

Closer to SPID is also a big plus.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't know if they offer the service, but maybe consider Doc's, right across the ICW at the bridge??? Although I'd agree, if given the choice, I'd take Laguna Reef's food.
I heard there is a new place opening in Flour Bluff, but don't know the name.
Heck, you bring the fish and I'll cook them! Good luck.

·
From the Crown to the Ground
1,673 Posts
I don't know if they offer the service, but maybe consider Doc's, right across the ICW at the bridge??? Although I'd agree, if given the choice, I'd take Laguna Reef's food.
I heard there is a new place opening in Flour Bluff, but don't know the name.
Heck, you bring the fish and I'll cook them! Good luck.
Oh god don't go to Docs! That place sux so bad!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The one eyed paroit on spi. There is a few more down there I cant remeber all that is truly gods country down there. We will be making our way down there soon to run down some more new spots.

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh god don't go to Docs! That place sux so bad!
HAHA, I couldn't agree more. We went there a month or so ago on a Sunday evening and they were awful in every sense of the word from the service, time management, food availability, cooking instructions, and attitude. I would be hard pressed to ever eat there again.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Cook your catch in Corpus

I recommend the restaurant at the Breakers Hotel at North beach...north of the draw bridge. They will cook your catch with a baked potato or fries and a salad for $1.00.

Oh wait...that was back in 1960. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Rookie
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a few pounds of snapper and shark to Laguna Reef a week ago. They did a good job of grilling some of the shark and blackening the rest. What turned-out even better was frying the snapper. I didn't mind paying 13.00 for the snaps, 15.00 for the grilled shark, and 17.50 for the blackened shark, but 8.00 for french fries and even more than that for slaw left my bunghole a little sore. We also ordered onion rings and a baked potato. The bill looked like a fuel bill after all the pg-13 beverages were tallied. I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product, but I think they are way too high on all the peripherals. That is another reason I am shopping for a new place.

I had already heard about Doc's. It sure smells good every time I pass the place, but I won't give them a chance to get me. I am really interested in finding someplace for Sunday meals. I have a tendancy to fish on Sundays and would like to have my catch prepared for me so that I can eat it fresh and not waste time and zip-loc baggies @ home in the evening.

I just don't want to stand in the kitchen and cook and then have a mess to clean. I'm just too lazy for all that. Heck, I'm so lazy that instead of flushing my outboards before storing them, I just keep taking the boat out on boatrides or fishing trips!

I love living near the water.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make the drive to Port Aransas most of the restaurants there will cook for you. They are all real good from what I hear but I know Castaways and Fins will do a good job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts