2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(background of the story)
redoing an old rod i have and it was that mottley green one i spoke about before.
i stripped it and the basic rod had some neat patterns and color so i just finished it with clear and let it dry.

so i says to my self "lets try weave something simple", i normally thread mark all my rods with the limits of reds, specks & flounder as like a quick ruler if you will.

and i thought a nice simple "arrow" to show where to start the measurement from.

(the facts)

i start the wrap with black (A) thread after laying out the 7 yellow thread(A) for the arrow, and i am doing quite well at it but doing a lot of mumbling to my self, cross this, fold this back, wrap this.

yes it was kinda loose for the first time but i figure i could tighten it up some what (not)

well i finish it off and do my tie off and go to cut the thread, now mind you its 9pm and my ol eyes are bad so i get the blade and cut and i "here" it go unravel, unravel , i had cut the wrong thread.

aaagggguuuh!

well heck no problem i'll just redo it, 20 minuets later i am back at it and almost done to my amazement then i take it into the light, looked at it, put it down and told the wife i"i am going to bed", i'll redo it later, dang it...

Attachments

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Can't argue about the "nuts" part...it IS referred to as the "darkside", for good reason. If I were gonna do a measurement arrow, I'd start the weave w/ the point on the exact spot and weave from there. I could never estimate the exact spot where I'd end up w/ a point. Practice makes "kinda" perfect(or nuts).
Jerry

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
That's why I stick to abalone and snake inlays and marbling. Nothing really to those.
Keep at it, you'll get the hang of it.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ya, i am sure gona try but this time i'll try a bigger thread size, maybe a m or z size heheh well at least till i get some better glasses.
hahah haha

·
Registered
303 Posts
I grantee you will loose your good eye site. I keep getting stronger and stronger mag. glasses/ After about 4 hours all threads look alike and God forbid there be similar colors. But somebody has to do it.
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts