2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
39,915 Posts
Bandman

I am having trouble with that phrase. My latin is poor, ( really, who can you talk too) does it mean Don't let the Bast**ds grind you down? If so, pretty cool, I would like to use that on something.

· Premium Member
39,915 Posts
I never played music

I made some attempts with a guitar, I play air guitar as well as anyone but I did learn language.
Of your cool rod racks I say this:
Materiam superabat opus
The workmanship surpassed the subject matter. (Simply 2cool)

OK, I have drawn a blank on some verse but my wife just said to me
Difficile est tenere quae acceperis nisi exerceas
It is difficult to retain what you may have learned unless you should practice it. So she is a smart arse and let's me know it...LOL Heck, for all I know my spelling is so bad who knows what I wrote.

· Premium Member
39,915 Posts
I have been amazed that

to me it is a dead language, yet you can find it spoken or written. My family is part of the Seminole tribe, and I can not speak the languge, my father was not tought the language because when he was a child English was stressed. The language is not written and it will not be long before I fear is gone forever, even though the language is trying to be brought into the school system in OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.