2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With All Of You On Here Im Sure Someone Will Give Me An Unbiased Answer.a Friend Of Mine Is Wanting To Buy A Good Go-fast Offshore
Boat Twins Or Trips .he Asked Me To Ask You All Go Fast Guys,he Is
Really Leaning Towards The Scarab!any Input Will Be Appreciated On
This Matter.
Tls Jay K

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Donzi! twins!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,ill Let Him Know What You Said.its Gonna Cost Him $$$$$ But He Wants One,which One Hell Have To Decide,i Dont Care Which One He Gets As Long As I Go With Him Out To Big Pond! Thanks Jay K

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Like Reel Deal I'm biased but I say go Fountain! We love our 31' with twin 250's. Fast dry decent on fuel and even I look good in it!

·
Super Moderator
863 Posts
Contender

It was explained to me like this " Scaarb is a go fast boat that you can fish out of, Contender is a fishing boat that goes fast" .

Contenders insulated fish boxes and under deck storage rocks.

Good Luck.

·
88 Ag
6,229 Posts
This is easy. Since he has it narrowed down to 2 boats, pick a day when you have true 4 to 6 foot seas and take off straight into them, quartering etc and see which one you like the best. If either of them won't take you for a test ride drop them like a hot potato. I don't own either one, but when you drop that kind of money they will test ride. Other people's opinions don't matter when YOU are the one making payments!! You have to be happy and comfortable.

·
Too far from the ocean ...
2,504 Posts
There is no substitute for getting on the boats and riding them. Boats have quirks and you must physically GET ON any boat you are considering buying. You learn little things when riding a boat, like misplaced hand holds, leaking bait tanks, shin bangers and so on. Also, different boats ride differently in different conditions. It sounds obvious and stupid, but it's true and can't be underestimated.

1). Get on the boat.
2). Ride the boat.

No test ride means look elsewhere.

Syncerus

·
Registered
238 Posts
look at the SKA

Look at the SKA tournament guys, there are more contenders than any other boat if I am not mistaken. That says it all!!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
36 contender with trips. It's a wave eating, fish raising machine. I fished the fountain 38 and the 36 yellowfin before I bought my contender. The yellowfin is a nice boat, it would be my second choice, I didn't care for the fountain.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
39 Venture is also $360,000. We fished one this weekend. It is a great ride, but sucks fuel and with the triple 300s makes your ears ring. Over two days we burned almost 600 gallons plus 30 gallons of oil. Increadibly well built boat with great fit and finish, but I can't see spending that kind of money over my 36.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts