2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Friday morning early with my Father in law. We ran over to the 1097 bridge and a couple of other spots with little success. We ran over to the dam at about 11:00. The sun was up pretty good and it was plenty hot. We started fishing by dropping nightcrawlers under a bobber about three feet off the rocks. We immediately started catching cats and didnt stop catching for two hours. We left them biting. I went back the next day to the same exact spot. I couldnt get a nibble. The only difference that I could tell was that it was overcast on Saturday as opposed to bright and Sunny the day before. Any clues how those two conditions affect fishing around the dam? I was pretty weird.....

I will post pics as soon as I get them. Also, we caught a couple of different kinds of cats. Some had slight yellow tint to them with small black specks. The bigger ones were darker gray, no spots, and had large bulbous muscles right behind their eyes. What types would these be?

Phishtales

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Channel cats have the spots, and bigger ones sometimes lose the spots, but most channel cats have bulging eyes. High fin blue catfish don't have spots, and are a blue fading to white belly. It is weird how the fish bite on one day and you go back the next, and NADDA! Nightcrawlers are probablly the best all round catfish bait there is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts