2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the fish clening guy, at Conn Brown a fishing guide? why is the 2 dollar a fish for cleaning fee not posted? What do you all think?

·
Registered
488 Posts
That guy is a jerk, it would be different if he were actually a nice guy. He's a homeless man who cleans fish for spending money. He won't hesitate to ask you for a beer or something to eat either.

Don't feel any pressure to have him clean your fish. None of the guides can stand him either, he knows not to go near him.

Just politely tell him no thank you, and clean your own fish.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried telling him no, and What cleaning table? he has exclusive rights to the left side on the table, so on busy days, we have to wait for the right side to become available, and that can take some time.

·
Registered
488 Posts
He's jerking your chain Porta-Berg, that guy has no affiliation with the city which I assume, are the operators of that area.

If he is cleaning fish on the left side of the table, and the right side is taken, then obviously you have to wait.

If he's not cleaning fish, don't let him tell you the he has rights to the left side. If he gives you any lip, tell him you'll call the cops. I know for a fact that someone has called the cops on him in the past.

·
Pike
4,489 Posts
He's jerking your chain Porta-Berg, that guy has no affiliation with the city which I assume, are the operators of that area.

If he is cleaning fish on the left side of the table, and the right side is taken, then obviously you have to wait.

If he's not cleaning fish, don't let him tell you the he has rights to the left side. If he gives you any lip, tell him you'll call the cops. I know for a fact that someone has called the cops on him in the past.
X2

·
Always A Good Time
3,722 Posts
That's a shame that he is acting a fool. Been using him for quite a while and lately he has become more possesive of City Property.

Agreed, don't hesitate to get firm with him.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
change places

I tried telling him no, and What cleaning table? he has exclusive rights to the left side on the table, so on busy days, we have to wait for the right side to become available, and that can take some time.
Just change where you put in. Hampton's or the navigation dist. ramp are not that much farther to run from if you fish estes or north of the caueway. Table at Hampton's are not guide tables either. I've been launching a boat there since it was a shell ramp and the ICW trailer park was the little league field and airport.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have known Chris for quite a few years, but cant speak for his recent actions but have never known him to be forceful with anyone.

I do know that he has been a deck hand for quite a few guides in the area & I have had him on board my boat several times( he is very knowledgable about the are) so I do dispute that the guides dont like him. I also dispute the remark about him wanting Beer or dinner as he has never asked for either, he is diabetic, he will however take all diet rootbeer that you can spare.

He is not homeless, as I have taken him home before, so be careful with acusations

·
Always A Good Time
3,722 Posts
He does ask for beer, and money, if he knows you and also knows you have either one. I knowthis because he does it everytime I see him.

I too have had him on my boat and he has put me on fish.

Last time I saw him in October, he was living in a Hotel on a daily basis. If he did not clean $50 in fish, he did not get to stay there.

I like and admire Chris' wanting to work for his living but he stands to ruin a good thing, at least for him, if he continues to become more aggressive to the fisherman that frequent Conn Brown.

·
Wishin I was Fishin
1,090 Posts
I have known Chris for quite a few years, but cant speak for his recent actions but have never known him to be forceful with anyone.

I do know that he has been a deck hand for quite a few guides in the area & I have had him on board my boat several times( he is very knowledgable about the are) so I do dispute that the guides dont like him. I also dispute the remark about him wanting Beer or dinner as he has never asked for either, he is diabetic, he will however take all diet rootbeer that you can spare.

He is not homeless, as I have taken him home before, so be careful with acusations
Maybe you dont know him as well as you think. I have had a run in with him trying to be aggressive about cleaning my fish. He understands now that I do not care for him and needs to keep his distance.

He does ask for beer, and money, if he knows you and also knows you have either one. I knowthis because he does it everytime I see him.

I like and admire Chris' wanting to work for his living but he stands to ruin a good thing, at least for him, if he continues to become more aggressive to the fisherman that frequent Conn Brown.
X2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts