2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Lake & Bay's Brett Sweeny and Coleman Todd - Team Sweeny Todd - on another impressive first place finish at the Xtreme Redfish Tournament in Port O'Connor, TX!

The anglers faced a tough day of fishing on Saturday with light rain, wind and fog conditions. Many great fish were weighed in, and the teams played hard! However, you had to have more than 15.15 pounds to knock Brett and Coleman out of the winners' chairs! Congrats again guys! The winners took home $10,000 CASH, a custom James Burke' painiting of each of their fish, 2 American Rodsmiths rods, and the "big fish stringer" side pot. Team Sweeny Todd also won "Team of the Year - North Division" bragging rights! (Team of the Year standings will be posted in a separate thread.)

The 21 participating teams included some of the best anglers on the Texas Gulf Coast. The complete list of results will be posted on the Xtreme Tournament website soon! However, here are the standings for the teams that weighed in fish on Saturday. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU!

1 - Brett Sweeny/ Coleman Todd - 15.15#
2 - David Pena/ Hector Galvan - 14.01#
3 - Jeremy Turner/ Doug Colvin - 13.35#
4 - Jimmie Dooms/Kevin Shaw - 13.13#
5 - Shannon Payne/ Jose Rocha - 12.71#
6 - Gregory Aschenbeck/ Danny Aschenbeck - 11.66#
7 - Dane Dupuis/ Neil Holloway - 10.53#
8 - Aron Cruz/ Tommy Blackburn - 10.25#
9 -Clint Anderson/ Sonny Leal - 9.73#
10 - Chuck McKinny/ Brian Hessong - 8.89#
11 - Curtis Muzyka/Mark Dyer - 8.56#
12 - Robert Rathkamp/ Josh Bryan - 8.19#
13 - Charlie Barton/ Cody Barton - 8.15#
14 - Pet Lopez, Jr./ Lawrence Sanchez - 8.12#
15 - Glenn Winningham/ Kurt Carpenter - 6.88#
16 - Kyle Burges/Alan Thompson - 6.70#
17 - Lynn Stackable/ Lisa Stackable - 4.00#

Thank you to all of the tournament participants! I appreciate your support and participation! You guys are consistent and you always show up, and I cannot thank you enough. Congrats to all of the teams. You are alll outstanding anglers!

Thank you also to our awesome tournament sponsors - American Rodsmiths, Fishgillz Sunglasses, Grind Terminal Tackle, Artist James Burke, West End Anglers, wadefishing.com, saltytexas.com, Angler Products, TexasFishCast.com, Rockstar Party Rentals, Brown Lures and Midcoast Products. We could not do it without you! Thank you so much!

I look forward to seeing you in 2010!

·
Registered
124 Posts
good job this year jen and best of luck next year, we are looking forward to next season. i think you did a great job with all 3 tournaments and i am sure it will only get better next year. i want to give many thanks to shannon payne and jose rosha for rescuing us saturday, our battery died right when we were loading up to come to the weigh in. these guys were nice enough to find some jumper cables get back in their boat and run 20 miles to help us jump start ours so we could get home. a class act from class guys thanks again guys. see you in march!!!

kyle ross

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Kyle!

Thank you, Shannon and Jose. Shannon and Jose were not around to hear their names called for placing so well in the tournament. So, I did not get a chance to commend their consistent and great performance this series. There is no doubt that they were very kind to go help you guys out! That is the kind of comaraderie among anglers that makes you smile. It is nice to see everyone lend a hand to help their fellow anglers in need. Kyle, thank you for sharing your story!

I am proud of all of the anglers. We faced tough weather and conditions this year, but you all ripped them! Thanks so much for being a part of it! See you next year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts