2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I keep seeing that more and more people/stores are pulling it and the DMV has to.
Is this a joke?
I'm sorry what happened in that shooting was absolutely heartbreaking and that kid will get what he deserves on judgement day, but is this necessary?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Knee -jerk, PC ****. I though the Gov. of SC was actually strong in her convictions, but I see a little political pressure and she deflates. Wal-Mart can do whatever they want, I avoid that place like the plague. American citizens died under that flag, and for people to jump up and down screaming hatred because ignorant vermin like the KKK used it to promote their own single toothed agenda, it just blows my mind.

·
I hate rude behavior in a man.
6,053 Posts
Land for peace didn't work out too well for Israel. This is the exact same thing. It's never enough. Never will be.

The same groups screaming about the flag are screaming for "reparations". Do a quick Internet search, and see what this is really about.

·
Master of Boats
1,434 Posts
I'm tempted to fly one right in front - just to poke them in the eye.

All this political correctness, is giving me ....... a pain.....

·
Gone Phishing
6,976 Posts
I see this as a state's issue regarding flags on state grounds. Private issue on whether companies sell them.

Just voice your opinion to the above entities on your beliefs.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Now it just maybe a fact that more men, women and children were killed by our military in all the past wars under the American Flag. So does that mean that if there is a killing of a group of Japanese, Germans, Vietnamese ect... that the Stars and Stripe's should come down? Don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!

But with the way some people that are living in the USA think now that might just be on the left's agenda.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Confederacy

"Confederate States of America":
1. Traitors
2. Losers
I am a stars and stripes man. No use for the traitor/loser stars and bars flag other than in a museum.

·
I love animals. I eat one every day.
2,056 Posts
If the conferderate flag offends some, the statue of martin luther king in Washington DC offends even more people and that should be taken down too. Divide and conquer. Attack every tradition.

·
Heifer Cove
815 Posts
No doubt framing the Confederate Flag as a symbol of Conservative hate has been on their wish list for some time. It sure seems like the liberals have a very large volume of solution looking for a problem. I bet they have algorithms that scan the daily news looking for anything they can tie to one of their big ticket items.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My High School had to change its mascot, and its flag.

And it wasn't about that (racial hatred, etc). It was a brand new school in '68, and there was the hippie thing, and the resistance to the Vietnam war going on. The students were allowed to name the new school's mascot. It was all about REBELling . The flag just went with the mascot.

So, at reunion time, you got one set of people called rebels, and another called something else. So, the PC crowd caused even more division. :headknock

What will be next? Remove the Confederate Soldiers' statues? Or, maybe the Texas Flag? :texasflag

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
You bring up a good point

Does the flying of the Mexican flag everywhere offend anyone?
If anyone wants to privately display it that's okay. But what if in San Antonio, McAllen, Harlingen, Del Rio, etc., where maybe there was a hispanic majority in local government, they decided to fly it in public places like city hall, town square, courthouse? I think THAT would be comparable to the rebel flag situation. Both would be wrong in my book.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
"Confederate States of America":
1. Traitors
2. Losers
I am a stars and stripes man. No use for the traitor/loser stars and bars flag other than in a museum.
I wouldn't expect to ever see a Confederate flag decal on a Miata driving, limp wristed, democrat apologist, lawyer type... You should just "Zoom, Zoom" north-eastward to be with your own kind. :an4:

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
If anyone wants to privately display it that's okay. But what if in San Antonio, McAllen, Harlingen, Del Rio, etc., where maybe there was a hispanic majority in local government, they decided to fly it in public places like city hall, town square, courthouse? I think THAT would be comparable to the rebel flag situation. Both would be wrong in my book.
It's been flying in some public schools lately.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'll never be ashamed of the confederate flag. Its rich in history. My family fought under it. It historically symbolizes states rights which is what the US used to be all about. Currently it represents Southern culture and hospitality. Sure, it represents a bit of a rebellious, loud, beer drinkin, wild *******, fun crowd sort of thing but thats just in good fun.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.