2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
My shivagitter's broke
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing an IWB holster to carry a Taurus Millenium Pro .45 and possibly one for my S&W M&P .40. I've searched previous threads and found the Cross Breed Super Tuck. I am leaning towards that one. I would appreciate any comments about that rig or any other ideas or suggestions from fellow 2Coolers about holsters. Thanks.

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
Nothing directly about that holster, I have no experience with it. But for carry, do not cheap out whatsoever. A good holster will stay in place no matter what you're doing, bending, running, squating, and when you draw the weapon.
Good luck,

·
My shivagitter's broke
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks FF. Did you buy their gun belt or do you use your own?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I carry an XDM 9mm in a crossbreed super tuck. Works extremely well for me. I've adjusted the cant all the way forward and can easily and comfortably conceal a handgun that carries 20 rounds. I did not get their gun belt since I have a custom one I had made years ago. However, I will be getting one of their belts soon. You might want to check out www.xdtalk.com , Cross Breed is a sponsor there and has a "blems and seconds" thread where you can find some great deals on holsters and belts.

Tropicalsun
Rob

·
My shivagitter's broke
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rob. Any suggestions on cowhide vs. horsehide?

·
Borders, language, culture
6,343 Posts
I've been looking at the supertuck myself. I have an old Sidearmor kidex now for my G26 and it is not that comfortable and I have to take my belt loose to put it on and off.

·
Hoping to keep some spare change
1,410 Posts
I have the CB Supertuck in Horsehide for several of my weapons. I can't compare it to the cowhide, but I will tell you that I can comfortably carry a Springfield XD45 compact with 13 rounds IWB in a pair of shorts with a tshirt cover, w/o an undershirt. It is the only holster I have that I can wear COMFORTABLY (ie, not constantly adjusting it, no pinching, no rubbing the skin raw, etc...) all day without an undershirt. Highly recommend this holster. I like it much better than my CompTac Ctac. As someone else posted, don't go cheap on the holster.

Also, a great gunbelt for CCW when you are covering the belt with a shirt (I've never tucked my shirt around my weapon), is the Wilderness Systems instructor belt. I ordered mine here: http://gunnersalley.zoovy.com/product/WILDERNESSBELT

·
Registered
451 Posts
CrossBreed Holsters

I have two of them - one for a Beretta & one minituck for a LCP.

Both are the most comfortable I have ever used. The horse hide is supposed to be more resistant to sweat & humid climates. i live in WTX so it isn't someting I have to deal with, sweat dries before it starts out here.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I like my Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD40SC. The only problem is that you need to buy pants with a waist an inch or two bigger than you normally wear and I immediately gain weight to take up that space.

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
Good to see the belt talk in this thread. A good solid belt is often overlooked in having the right set up. Good wide leather belt with a stiff backbone is a must.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Mine is horsehide and haven't tried the cowhide. The horsehide does really well in the summer here and I often carry without a tee-shirt.

Rob

1 - 20 of 32 Posts