2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way to get rid of all these annoying pop ups. i can hardly get on the internet anymore and enjoy reading posts with out being bombarded with pop ups. i just installed norton antivirus 2005 today and removed 76 possibly infected files. can anyone recomend a pop up blocker. will norton internet securities rid me of the pop ups. any help as always is greatly appriciated.

thanks
NJ

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Also

You can use the Google Toolbar or the Yahoo toolbar. I believe both have built in pop-up blockers.

google.gom
yahoo.com

look for "more" on google and toolbars on yahoo. you should be able to figure out the rest. They load on top IE browser.

You can selectively block whatever popups you need by toggling it on/off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
watch out though. don't get a blocker that is set too high. the one that my wife installed on my home computer blocks EVERYTHING. including links that i am intentionally trying to access. everytime i try to click on a link that opens an additional window, i get a message saying "pop-up blocked".

boy does that hack me off. i made her fix it.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Go to the tech board

and read the sticky. Get some spyware removal tools installed (Ad-aware and Spybot S&D). I would also think an online virus scan should be completed. I am not a fan of Norton, in fact I'm working on a computer now that is badly infected with trojans, guess what, it has Norton installed and does not see a thing. Please do not get me wrong, I used Norton for years and loved it but about a little over a year ago it let me down more than once so I said goodbye. I do like the tools it has just the anti-virus is lacking. On a side note, about 6 out of 10 computers I work on have Norton's installed and it also failed them.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
We used some free pop up blocker before, but if you have Win. XP you can down load the new microsoft version. Its bad arse I love the way it works..........................later,Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts