2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running Windows XP and I just added a wireless router to the computer and everything work well BUT my emails wont come up anymore. It gives me a ERROR 678. If anyone knows what that means please let me know so I can resolve this problem....THX

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
I accept Cash, Checks, Money Orders

and VOTES for my story. Sorry, wife told me to do that..LOL
I was told to go to the "dark side" and use my connections to have people come here and vote for my story. I could see it now, 200 people join/register and all of a sudden I get the same number of votes..LOL What would you do for a free custom hand made BillyStick???????

Anyway, that error code is a no answer for the computer you are dialing in XP OS.
Meaning: your TCP/IP is corrupted or not configured properly.

Go to "Run" type "command" and click OK. In the new window, type netsh interface ip reset log.txt and hit "Enter" (all commands should be typed without the quotes). Then restart the computer. ( This resets the TCP/IP Stack in WinXP )

If you are around, I will on-line a long time tonight, I have a repair I'm working on and it is a whopper!!! For you computer types, VX2, Coolweb, Sasser and Blaster all on the same computer. I wonder why it will not work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bill, It is still not responding. Its funny that everything is working good and I am on the internet but when I open my Outlook Express to see my emails, it asks me for my password so it can try to dial up for a connection, but I am online already. Very puzzling...........Also, send me your address so I can send you something......O

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
If you are using cable or DSL....

Try going into your e-mail account settings and make sure you have "connect using my local area network(LAN)" and not "connect using my phone line"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts