2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Love to fish!
695 Posts
Thanks - the issue is that when you search Browning for example you get items for sale 5 years ago.
Interestingly, when comments are allowed on for sale items such as boats, it is actually useful to go back years ago and review items that have already sold. I do this all the time on thehulltruth.com to review boats that I might be interested in, features and photos, discussions like performance, etc. Really helps with the buying decisions even if that particular one is not for sale. For sellers, you can get a bit of an idea of asking prices, even if they are a little dated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i get that.....but prices 5 years ago are useless. imo especially boat prices. :)
maybe archive them? or add a filter where you can set how many months you want in the search results.

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
i get that.....but prices 5 years ago are useless. imo especially boat prices. :)
maybe archive them? or add a filter where you can set how many months you want in the search results.
You should be able to do this with the advanced search filters. Clicking on the Search bar should open the menu to limit what ever date range, in whatever section you want.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks.... would be better if it defaulted to last 90 days last activity of post and you could include all if you like. :)

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Interesting idea, I think for this section specifically it may have merit, but outside of classifieds generally searching I find it is better to cast a wider net. I don't know if we can restrict searching for a specific subforum only, but I can check if you'd like.

-Gerrit

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
So this is where y'all hide all the complaints on this awful new software? Took me 20 days to come back and look to see if you came to your senses. Nope. I'll check again in a few weeks. BTW, the feedback system is asinine. "Someone likes you.", "You've won a trophy". LOL. Where did this come from? California? If someone gives a greenie, they should be able to tell you why.

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
In my humble opinion, a successful forum community has never been about the platform. It is about the amazing members who come together to share a common interest and along the way true friendships are developed.

I have been helping sites transition to the new forum software since May of 2019. In that time I have noticed that during the first 30 days or so, traffic tends to slow down a bit while folks adjust to the new navigation and features. Somewhere between 60 - 90 days the activity increases and the community begins to grow. Give it some time. We will get there.:)

We will be seeing regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

101 - 108 of 108 Posts