2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
If you'll look, you'll find common ownership. Vertical Scope owns both forums, along with probably a few hundred others. They're changing the software on about all of them, I'm sure this will be the second forum that I've quit visiting because of it. VS has been pretty much the death of quite a few forums in the last few years.
Yep, and unfortunately my visits here will probably become near zero, just like the Polaris forum.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What makes you think this is our main complaint in life? It's our main complaint on this forum. That's different.
....nobody would assume that it's your MAIN complaint.....

I'm not interested in winning arguments on the internet. I've got an ex wife if I want to argue with someone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SIte looks great..... whats the chances of getting rid of classified items from 2014? lol I think classified ads should fall off after so many days (not sure what amount) if the poster isnt giving updates. When you search hunting classified you get everything ever posted. I say delete them after 30 - 45 days unless someone is actively lowering the price or responding. or maybe classifieds are only visible for 45 days or something like that and then deleted.

·
El jefe
2,606 Posts
SIte looks great..... whats the chances of getting rid of classified items from 2014? lol I think classified ads should fall off after so many days (not sure what amount) if the poster isnt giving updates. When you search hunting classified you get everything ever posted. I say delete them after 30 - 45 days unless someone is actively lowering the price or responding. or maybe classifieds are only visible for 45 days or something like that and then deleted.
Cannot argue with logic, should have been done yesterday

·
Banned
234 Posts
****. I leave for a few months and everything's gone to ****. Not sure what all this BS is but I'm out. I'll see the select few at Zwei Kuhl.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
somebody finally figured out the version of vBulletin they were using was a security hole bigger than the Atlantic ocean LMAO!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Could not figure out where to post this. But, moderators take note to fix.
When I see a post, I could care less if its posted 22 days ago. I want to see the date of the post at the top.
A date is needed.

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
They automatically fall to the bottom of the list but I can look into additional alternatives.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Could not figure out where to post this. But, moderators take note to fix.
When I see a post, I could care less if its posted 22 days ago. I want to see the date of the post at the top.
A date is needed.
If you hover over the timestamp with your cursor, it will display the time and date.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is there a way to have pics in posts in the classified sections. new site is a bit overwhelming, still digesting though... lol

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Is there a way to have pics in posts in the classified sections. new site is a bit overwhelming, still digesting though... lol
You should be able to post pictures in any posts on the site. Am I misunderstanding your question?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
What happened to the cheers emoji?
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites.

I use giphy.com when I want something more.

- Cricket

·
Love to fish!
695 Posts
Site seems fine to me. In fact, it loads faster in my opinion. I like it. I am so used to tuning out ads that I don't notice an increase.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts