2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out this past Sunday and we saw a boat called the Voyager , and he had all his bandit rigs baited up for snapper and was fishing.We saw him a couple times during the day and he was comm. snapper fishing before the season opens.
If i can drive by and catch these guy's how come the officials can't stop them ?
I wonder who this could be reported to because
I am Sure they are still out there fishing.

Mrsailfish

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
MrSailfish

Where did you see this boat? We need a location to turn the hounds loose on it asap. Which Port were you fishing out of? Thanks for posting the Boat name.

Jim Smarr
rfatexas.org
361-463-1558

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Thanks I got it.

Thanks that is what we needed. Anoyone else see any Bandits fishing early?
We need location and boat names.

Thanks
Jim Smarr
rfatexas.org

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not to give these guys any slack that they don't deserve, but did you witness him keeping red snapper. With a reef fish permit, red snapper isnt your only target species......Beeliners, mangroves whatever. Just givin a benefit of the doubt without the whole story.....

·
Banned
594 Posts
Dont cutem any slack

Surely you dont believe they are going to release any snaps? Come on Dude? I have witnessed this way to many times to cut these gulf rapin, fish stealing, yahoos any slack. We as recs have been getting screwed long enough. Everyone that fishs offshore knows this. We are the best chance to help the fish recover and if it means we start following these guys when they head out 3-4 days early so they can come in and offload on the first,.... then who can I give some gas money to? here is just another reason IFQ are such a bs plan? Ive said it once and I will say it again. This is like the fox guarding the hen house. I personally have seen snapper boats out several day early this year, twice. Thats one pair of eye on one boat on two different trip. How many other times has some other snapper raping boat been seen out of other ports? And they are going to allow the gulf rapist to be on the honor system! The gloves are off, and you outlaw coms be on notice. There are alot of guys in white hats lookin for you!

FishinTheBarge said:
Not to give these guys any slack that they don't deserve, but did you witness him keeping red snapper. With a reef fish permit, red snapper isnt your only target species......Beeliners, mangroves whatever. Just givin a benefit of the doubt without the whole story.....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Please....nobody believe that a comm snapper boat is targeting beeliners and mangroves. Besides have you ever tried to catch mangroves and beeliners without catching a whole lot of red snapper. I'm sure you didnt think that thru before you posted.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Tall1fin said:
Please....nobody believe that a comm snapper boat is targeting beeliners and mangroves. Besides have you ever tried to catch mangroves and beeliners without catching a whole lot of red snapper. I'm sure you didnt think that thru before you posted.
Don't tell ME that I didn't think before I posted. I'm just as hot under the collar about this situation as the rest of us, I'm just stating the obvious. You can't expect a fisherman to stay at the docks just because it ain't the 1st thru the 10th of the month, just giving the benefit of doubt without being there with my own eyes. If you see em snaggin and keepin snaps out of season, get after it, report it and good luck with enforcement. I'm working right now with the permit boats and having a grande ole time with compliance, so I know exactly what's goin on......

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was out fishing neat the Bucc. and the VA Foog this past Sunday I witnessed two different Comm. Snapper Fishing boats Fishing all lines out. Also saw this two weeks ago too. This is why snapper fishing SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Red snapper makes up less than 50% of commercial snapper landings in the Cont. US. Vermillions make up roughly 31%. (based on 2002 season). Red % is likely bigger, and verm. % slightly lower in Texas. Just for perspective.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts