2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are coming to Bolivar this weekend and wanted some advice as to where we should fish. No boat, so need some good places from shores or jettys. Can anyone help me?

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
I had great results at rollover pass this passed monday, heres my post...

Got my generator and lights on at about 10:00pm at the pass. Fished to about 3:30 am and left them biting.
The trout were very aggressive and hitting hard. Caught a two day limit of trout in the 17 to 24 inch range, and saw many fish in the 25 to 27 inch range being caught. I did not catch one fish under 15 inches the entire night.
Fished the gulf side of the pass, close to the surf, on a incoming tide. all fish were caught with live shrimp and little fishies. There was also a-lot of little shad in the water, and in the stomachs of the trout. It was a beatifull night with a light north wind.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
if you want to get away from the crowd, hit the beach at rollover, and if you can drive it, drive 4-5 miles west till you hit the ropes and wade fish

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
One of my favorite places to fish without a boat is the North jetty. Walk out on the smooth sidewalk till it turns to the granite rocks, then go another 300-500 yards and start casting to your right, channel side. I have always caught fish there, especially on moving tides. Just be very careful while walking and carrying your equipment on the rocks. http://www.crystalbeach.com/fishing/jettyfish.htm

Good Luck!

·
Banned
325 Posts
fish on the gulf side of the pass on the outgoing tide, and fish on the bay side on the incoming tide. if you want to use live bait, get you some mud minnows, specs and flounder love'em, but for best results , fish on the wall on the gulf side of the bridge, great results recently to fish with plastics like little fishies, if you have a casting net, try catching you some live shad. With live shad, you can't go wrong on catching not only some nice spec but some real nice flounder too. good luck and good fishin, let us know how you did on your fishing trip at Roll Over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts