2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vague memory of a sale about this time of year on Columbia shirts etc held at some place in town, I'm recalling maybe a distrubutors place, somewhere on the north side?

Anyone recall this event and are there any details on this year's event. I seem to recall last year that some greedy bastarge went to the sale and bought all the really good stuff and then told us about it. :biggrin:

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Now that's a heck of deal right here!

Buzzbait said:
i just picked up columbia fishing shirts in ft worth at academy for $9.88 each
If you tell me that you used a CCA or Texas Trophy Hunters discount card, I am going to very disappointed! J/K :slimer:

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,652 Posts
The local sports Authority here in Austin had a bunch of columbia stuff on 25% off the lowest clearance price today. I got some nice stuff. Our Academy's are pretty much cleared out of all the decent stuff in XXL :biggrin:

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,652 Posts
BTW...did anyone get their Academy discount card for early CCA STAR entry? Mine is no where to be seen from CCA yet. Seems like it was real quick last year.

·
Registered
276 Posts
got my 10.00 gift card today ! Going to Academy to get line for my new Shimano Core that arrived Fedex... Feels Like Xmas !

·
88 Ag
6,229 Posts
The Academy's in Houston don't have Columbia shirts on sale for $9.88....I stopped by last night and they are discounted from mid - 30's to mid 20's but definitely not $9.88

·
Registered
932 Posts
They just had this BIG sale about two months ago at Academy, my wife got me like 20 shirts. We are talkin nice!!!

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,652 Posts
Each Academy has different pricing (at least by region) from what I have seen on clearance stuff. I think the local manager has some discretion. I don't work for them, so this is supposition. I have seen the same thing happen with their ammo sales.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I'm an absolute degenerate when it comes to Columbia fishing shirts. I have no less than a dozen and probably another eight Magellan shirts. I can hardly pass an Academy with out stopping and buying one. I stopped in one today and they had the ones with the STAR Tournament Logo on the chest and the Academy logo on the sleeve for $9.88. I really like the ones made in Vietnam, they seem to be softer than the ones made in Thailand. You usually can find some on sale in the fall.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I have several Under Armour shirts, but I still prefer the Columbia's
jabx1962 said:
It's an UnderArmor World now.......

Bet you won't see those on sale anywhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts