2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Colt this Sat possibly for an overnighter, depending on the weather. Was wandering if anyone has been out there lately or has any advice on how to fish it or what to pull. Any tips or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hooked Up...

·
Hook'em Horns
387 Posts
Colt is probably my favorite spot to fish, we have hooked more bills there over the years than any other spot.

As far as trolling, I would have a tuna spread ready to go if you make it there by day break. There are almost always large yellowfin busting on it in the early morning (they seem to always go back down as the sun fully rises)

At sun-up I would drag a mix of ballyhoo and lures. At least drag two big boys off the transom(senior sized wide-range or Pakula is a good choice), I'm sure you will find something with a stick on its face that wants to play.

Make sure you get all the #'s out of Hilton's plugged in. It really makes a difference knowing exactly where the high and low points are. The colt area is relatively huge and there are a lot of off-shooting areas (ie peacekeeper, 44 mag, ect.)

As a side note I have always found the fishing to be better slightly inshore of the dome.

Good luck!

·
El jefe
2,616 Posts
whales "false killer" have hite it hard over the last week you might set a rout that goes from the canyon up the 54 fath ridge just my guess was in PM last week all fish caught to the south

1 - 5 of 5 Posts