2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took some arm twisting but what else is there to do when it's 20 degress at the house on a weekend and a buddy wants to go fishing. You cover every square inch of your body with fleece, gore tex and neoprene and you head to the lake because the wife wants fillets. I won't go into that many details but we arrived at Gibbons Creek Saturday morning to a brisk 11 degress at the ramp. The water temp. was 36 at the dock and the icicles made me think of one of those Corona commercials. We idled to the discharge and I do mean idle and the water was pumping at 57. We managed to boat 16 blue tilapia in the 2-5 pound range and spent the rest of the day flippin trees for bass. Sorry it took a few days to post but the feeling in my fingers is finally coming back and I can type a little better. I would much rather be in Gorda with Big Rob Cumming throwing them Paul Brown specials and trickin them trout. Later fellas......

Attachments

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,014 Posts
Nice catch and good eating! BTW, I didn't know they were in that lake. What did you catch them on and were they deep or near the top?

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,903 Posts
Excellent catch and report. I'm surprised you can get them to eat at 57 degrees. Blues are more cold tolerant than the Mozambique tilapia. The Mozambique start shutting down at those temps.

Some great eating there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts