2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of a sad deal, so maybe you guys know someone who can help out. My girlfriends 9 yo daughter has been wanting a cockatiel for months. She saved her allowance every week and finally was able to buy herself one. Well, she only had it about a week, and one day last week their dog got in the house, knocked over the cage and, well...it wasn't pretty. Needless to say, she is devastated.

Is there anyone out there that can help me find her another one? We've got the dog issue solved, so this won't happen again. There's not that many places in my town, and I was told not to get one from Petco or places like that. I'd like to get her one to surprise her, but can't really afford the $125 :( . If anyone has one, maybe we can do some trading and some money or something? The little girl is on vacation, so I've got a few days to try and figure something out while she is gone.

PM me if you have any ideas.
thnx a bunch
Jeff

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
$125 for a cockatiel?? That's ridiculous....Years ago, I bought mine from a breeder that sold them at the big flea market on 59. I'll look for thier number and give them a call to see if they have any babies....easier to train and tame. I ended up giving mine to my mother....she gave it to my grandmother and that bird would let itself out of it's cage and one day it flew out the back door never to be seen again. He was smart....I had the Andy Griffith show on TV once and all of a sudden, the bird started whistling the tune after hearing it once.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
Jeff, there used to be a guy out at Buffalo Camp Bayou that raised them. That's where I got mine, are you ready for this, in 1985. That's right, this sucker should have been dead a few years ago, but he must be pretty tuff. I don't know if that guy is still raising them, even alive or what. I think I paid about $40 for the bird and the cage back then :)

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
well rendon beat me, I have a bud that does also, if it fall trough ,, let me know. Mine got out and still hangs around the house. diferent story though.

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
860 Posts
Momma and her 3 eggs

Here is a picture of momma sitting on her three eggs....Due to hatch at the end of this month......

Attachments

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rendon. I'm not sure if she'll wanna wait 10 wks, but I'll talk to my gf about it.

What is the normal price for these birds? There is one local person that I've found and they are around $100. Someone told me they were almost $130 at petco. Seems kinda high to me.

·
In God We Trust
2,565 Posts
Jeff Did you get my PM? Try my cuz it's a little drive but he has healthy birds and can more than likely beat that price. In fact he has some young ones right now

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes sir. I just pm'd u back.

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
860 Posts
Yes sir that is the going price for birds at the petstores.....I have never bought mine from a petstore....I just cant bring myself to sell mine for that price.....I want to find my babies good homes......it isnt about the money for me it is just a hobbie that I enjoy doing....
jeff.w said:
Thanks Rendon. I'm not sure if she'll wanna wait 10 wks, but I'll talk to my gf about it.

What is the normal price for these birds? There is one local person that I've found and they are around $100. Someone told me they were almost $130 at petco. Seems kinda high to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts