2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
dried in houses (pilings, deck, exterior walls with hardiplank siding, windows & roof) are starting around $65 per sq foot

I've seen builders advertise turnkey conventional construction ("stick-built" instead of pre-fab) starting at $115 per foot

those prices are for Bolivar, other coastal areas may be different.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
dried in houses (pilings, deck, exterior walls with hardiplank siding, windows & roof) are starting around $65 per sq foot

I've seen builders advertise turnkey conventional construction ("stick-built" instead of pre-fab) starting at $115 per foot

those prices are for Bolivar, other coastal areas may be different.
Yea what he said:biggrin:

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys thanks for the information. Interesting anyone have any experience with the prefab? Sounds like it is the foundation and external shell? Stronger or weaker than a conventional building or no measureable difference?

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
Guys thanks for the information. Interesting anyone have any experience with the prefab? Sounds like it is the foundation and external shell? Stronger or weaker than a conventional building or no measureable difference?
I've toured one of the homes built by Coastal Components - AKA the "bird houses" near Gilchrist.

the company says they are stronger than conventional because of the controlled assembly area, blah, blah, blah.

the house I toured was nice - the owner was very pleased with it. I know at least 1 other person that has one and so far, I think she's pleased with it also.

I think the pre-fabs are very expensive. each "unit" costs about $100K - I think each unit was 500-600 sq ft. you can have a house built with 1, 2 or 3 units. That price is for a completed house on concrete pilings, I believe most appliances are included as well.

I think Coastal Components builds only on the peninsula, but you'd have to confirm that with them.

I believe they also do "shells" for a discounted price.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
We have been looking to build a new house in crystal beach also. I have been down three times in last couple months looking for lots to build a new house. The price for new construction with 12x12 pilings 20' elevation has been $ 140 - $155 sqft. New construction is down up in east texas and material cost have come down quiet a bit. Seems like they are sill up down at coast. I am still looking for a 2nd- 3rd row lot in good neighborhood with water view. Ronnie

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Monkeyman1 does have one of the best lots i have looked at in crystal beach for the money. I am holding out for a lot a little closer to beach front. His lot is in a very good subdivision with the most new construction.Nice quiet very well kept. Ronnie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts