2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took lil bro out to do some night fishing in some lights. About 5 trout later a boat anchors up to fish the same light we were on which was fine with me, but a few minutes later he pulls anchor drift into the light then fires up in the middle of the light and left which of course killed the fishing.

C'mon Man :headknock

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
was fishing choc a few months ago and drifting some shell... Whe a boat (husband and wife) pulls in right in front of our drift no more that a 100 yards away and drops anchor...

come on man!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Three of us were catching 20" trout every cast last winter. We were achored up where current was working through a cut. Two guide boats(from a Seadrift lodge, who posts here often) saw us. They worked in on us until they were throwing over our lines, and tangling us.

C'mon man!!!!

Same seadrift guide drops hunters in blind 150 yards away from us. He was late getting out. We were set up, waiting for first light. They shot at everything within a half mile. Needless to say it was a poor hunt. When confronted at the ramp, captain really didn't care.

C'mon man!!

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Fishing with the girlfriend, we grind all day long and finally she catches her first trout on arties. A guy sees her bowed and comes over to see if we are catching anything. He sets up a drift right next to us, thats fine, but decides he does not want to fish there anymore and motors away, cutting us by no more than 25 yards in front of us.

C'mon man!

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
I'm wading a set of three lights that were next to deeper water. Wore down the first light. Waded to the next one catching fish and having fun. It's a calm night and I hear a boat coming across the bayou.

Rev up..idle down..rev..idle..rev...etc. Sounds like the moron is in rough water but its calm as a mill pond. They come directly thru the middle of third light, slap dab down the middle of the second light. I quietly slip behind a pier and watch him drive thru the first light. They idle down and circle slowly while the little woman holds the wheel.

Captain Courageous gets his anchor out.

BRRRRRRRRRRRR he drags the chain out of the anchor box. THUMP drops the anchor on the bottom of the boat. Falls around and finally ties the rope to the cleat making sure not to spill a drop of his precious brew.

He steps back and takes the wheel back from momma. Idles back to the edge of the light and kills motor. Then he runs up to the bow and throws the anchor up as far as the top of the boat house that the light is attached to. THWANK rope comes taught and bungees the anchor back down in the water.

Then they get out their poles and each chunk a popping cork rig out within 5ft of the boat.

C'mon Man!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Last year duck hunting. Our boat is park behind us out of sight about 200yds. At about 10:30am we hear a boat running behind us in the direction of our boat. Unidentified boater throttles down and then burns off. My buddy and I figured nothing of it. We both have our 5 bird limits that included one pintail drake each. "Possesion Limit of Pintails is 1 bird a day per person" even though there have to be thousands flying. We wade back over to our boat to find 6 dead pintails laying all over our boat.

C'mon Man

·
Registered
800 Posts
25miles out of Freeport and no rig within a few miles. We were 2 boats drifting an area and catching a few. Out of nowhere, a boat with 3 trashy guys and 2-3 teenage girls is practically on top of us. They were as close as 25ft from us a few times. It was very strange...like they were there to provoke. It almost worked, but we let it go. 25 miles out is not a good place to find out you're in a fight with a lunatic.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
3 weeks ago I am working on a set of birds in the middle of the lake. From the north a t-top boat is approaching post haste directly to the birds. 150 yds out makes no attempt to slow even with me waving frantically. You guessed it, runs right throught the set and continues south with his dead skrimps to fish the wiers.

4th of July 2007 a guy pulls up within 50 yds of me, gets his anchor out and throws it another 15 directly towards my boat. I asked him exactley what he was doing and he said he was going to fish. Wife and kids were with me so I was a tad more diplomatic when telling him he should go else where.

You Can't Fix Stupid

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
I was munching on some cheetos when my little boy climbed in my lap, man that just ruined it!!! no more cheetos. I started to jump up and whip his lil butt, but he motored off in his room, with the cheetos. bwhahahahaha

find something better to whine about!

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
A buddy of mine & I had anchored up at the Hog Pens & made a power wade back to the west about 150 yards or so. We worked the shallower guts on the way out without much action. We went out a few guts deeper on the way back & started finding decent fish on mirrolures. As we worked our way back to the boat, a couple of guys in a green Everglades (had to throw the description out there to make you feel like an arse if you read this) eased in (on the trolling motor) towards the shoreline in front of us about 75 yards. They went much shallower than we were & set up a drift out from the shoreline (light SE wind) throwing live croaker. We were still 125 yards from our boat as we slowly fished our way back. We both caught a limit each & decided not to stick anymore just for fun as the mirrorlures were tearing the trout up pretty bad. We never saw the 'Everglade Hero Potlickers' catch a fish. As fate would have it, our paths eventually crossed. Little-Big man on the bow yelled out "Ya'll gonna just walk through our drift?" I was so amazed at their ignorance, that I encouraged my buddy (hot-tempered) not to respond, nor did I. They mumbled something else stupid, then cranked up & blasted off. The really aspiringly ignorant part of this story is that it was a weekday & we were two of three boats on the shorline & they set up a drift in our path when they had a mile of shoreline. SHEEEZZZ!

C'mon on man...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Many times. Many perps. Shallow running boats or airboats burnin' right down the shoreline 'til they fade in the distance. An entire barrier island shoreline. Come on, Mane!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
On a weekday a couple months back, we hit the bay early. Fishing was tough, found a few dinks and gafftop. Went looking in all the favorite spots. Went all over the bay. After a couple hours, finally see 2 birds working. Went to check out, threw some tail in their direction, and the fish was finally on. I failed to mention we hadn't seen another boat in a while. Within minutes of us hooking up, no less than 3 boats come a circling our drift. Potlicked us until we finally gave up. They must of been watching us with binoculars, or else we have the worst luck in the world.

COME ON MAN!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was fishing in a river last year drifting a shore line about 20 yds from the bank near some shell pads. There's a boat couple hundred yards down river from us anchored up on a point about the same distance from the shore as we are. We see a flat bottom come around the point in between the boat and the shore with the trolling motor coming up river. Fished this river my whole life and hadn't seen somebody cut so close bewteen a boat and the shoreline before. We continue fishing and he starts getting closer and we're thinking he ain't gonna pull the same maneuver on us is he. Well here he comes trolling motor wide open not even really fishing he was moving so quickly. When he's still a good distance away I put a cast about 5 ft off his bow to see what he's gonna do. He flinches for a sec and then keeps coming. We stop casting at this point in disgust. He gets up in between us and the bank right over the submerged shell pads and proceeds to tell us the fishing's been great the past few weeks. I said no kidding I wonder why we're here. I also asked him if his last name was said river (e.g. Colorado) because I figured he owned the river. He replied might as well be as many fish as I've been catching. We burned out in disgust and later on drifted by him on the other side of the river and the good lord was gracious enough to let us catch two 8lb slot reds right in front of him on a slow day with little tidal movement. Needless to say.

C'mon man!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Flew a thousand + miles away and eventually in on a puddle jumper to the Bull Moose Camp out of Red Lake Ontario to do some pike and walleye fishin. Sitting in a bend of a wide river fishing fairly close to to the point never once seeing a boat the entire day except for my father and his best friend when we took off out of camp that morning. It had been rumored that some yankees stayed at the only other camp on the lake from time to time. We hear the sound of a motor coming wondering if our Dads were coming to see how the fishin was. We see that it isn't and instead these two yankee bastards intentionally burn through the 30 yard space between us and the point rather than the 100 yards behind us. C'MON MAN!

·
Registered
844 Posts
there it was..right in front of me. It was there for the taking. I had been keeping a close eye on it for a few minutes. So I decided to ease over and take what was clearly being left for me. I get about two steps away and some potlicker cuts in front of me and takes the last piece of fried chicken off the buffet.

C'MON MAN!!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
there it was..right in front of me. It was there for the taking. I had been keeping a close eye on it for a few minutes. So I decided to ease over and take what was clearly being left for me. I get about two steps away and some potlicker cuts in front of me and takes the last piece of fried chicken off the buffet.

C'MON MAN!!!
Now that's funny!!!:rotfl: A little green for you. :clover:

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts

C'MON MAN!!!
sorry about that.....I was hungry.

come on man! share with me!:rotfl::cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Fishing the pier in cold pass during the fishing fiesta. We anchor on the christmas bay side on incoming tide and there is a boat on the pass side anchored. We were fishing 6-8 inch mullet and whole live menhadden trying to catch a Tiut to weigh in. We know that ocassionally we may have a Big old jackfish or shark take our baits so we have a float on our anchor rope in case we need to let it go and chase down a fish. Well that morning we had to do it 2 times on 20 +lb Jacks. During the 2nd time we had to chase ,I notice that the boat anchored on the up current picks up anchor and moves to where we were anchored.
C,Mon Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a few choice words for thos Dumb arses when we had to nearly bump into them to retrieve our anchor. We ended up leaving and I hoped that the jack fish broke their rods and burned their trout gear up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts