2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing this spike for a while on my game cam pics, and then one day he shows up with the hide ripped off his back. I have no idea what could have caused it..... Big cat?....Hunter, near miss?.....Whatdaya think?.....

Attachments

·
1,193 Posts
Looks like road rash to me, is there a hwy near by? Love your feed pen gate, looks like grandmas gate in her frount yard.

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Caught going under a fence maybe?

·
Mr do it all.
598 Posts
Does anyone bow hunt around you. This is katy my son saw it and thought he better shot it. nice doe
That doe right there was shot with a rifle.............before your son killed it if your not pulling leg. TO see the angle of shot looks to be high in th
e back dead on facing shooter.

way above spine does have a deflection wound so I am thinking the tip of a back bone. I have seen very MANY under educated hunter wounds animals like this and go on hunting another. GOOD KILL for son none the less.

·
Captn Luchak
2,087 Posts
I think bow shot

That doe right there was shot with a rifle.............before your son killed it if your not pulling leg. TO see the angle of shot looks to be high in th
e back dead on facing shooter.

way above spine does have a deflection wound so I am thinking the tip of a back bone. I have seen very MANY under educated hunter wounds animals like this and go on hunting another. GOOD KILL for son none the less.
I did shot at a doe in bow season and had hair on broadhead in the same area and that must be the doe. I didnt think it would of opened up that much on the exit

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Looks like a rifle shot to me that went high! Have seen that type of wound before after a bad shot by another hunter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts