2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out this evening wading a local reef and doing some catch and release as usual. I've been catching some solid fish lately on Corky Devils so that's what I was throwing.
I had already caught two trout and a skipjack and all three did some tail-walking. I cast upwind and upcurrent, let the lure settle a bit, reel up some slack and I'm hooked up again. I'm thinkin' "man, this is fun" as this four pound fish comes up shakin'. I play it on in fairly quickly and it's inside rod-length. Then it happened. This big shark blows up on the fish and as I lunge back screaming like a little girl it tail-slaps me almost knocking me down.
Now I've surfed and fished my whole life and been chased out of the water by sharks before but this was just to **** close. :eek:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Shark

Wow Kenny that's a rush ! I found another (upward) octave slapping at a shark , but not quite that close. Glad you're safe, get back out there, we need the reports , JK . GC.

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Man I love fishing from my boat! No stingrays, no sharks, no vibrio, no jellyfish, just cold beers and tasty sammiches! Glad you're okay Kenny. And I really do get why you wade, just makes me wonder how much of that kinda stuff I could tolerate.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
cfred said:
Man I love fishing from my boat! No stingrays, no sharks, no vibrio, no jellyfish, just cold beers and tasty sammiches! Glad you're okay Kenny. And I really do get why you wade, just makes me wonder how much of that kinda stuff I could tolerate.
Ya know. While your out there (well me anyway) I don't think about it. If it happens it happens. But I don't worry about it, and usually I'm so consumed by the chunkin that I don't think about it. Hopefully I will never have to.

Kenny. glad your okay. That might just scare me back into the boat.lol :rotfl:

·
Registered
804 Posts
you weenie

I can't belive this thread, screamed like a girl, you shoud have dived into the water with a knife between your teath and taken care of that shark, that's what I would have done.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,168 Posts
show that bad boy whos boss be back in his water at sun up! lol , but seriously, glad it was jus a close encounter

·
On the Water We're All the Same
1,016 Posts
Let me know where you were fishing/catching and I'll go run that shark off......from the boat.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It won't affect my fishing at all, but it did almost give me a heart attack. :wink:

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I feel for ya Kenny,

I had a huge bullshark do that to me this summer in the chandeluers... Yall be careful, chris phillips told me that two of his friends got chased out of the water by a big one at VP last week

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,894 Posts
dayum Kenny another close encounter huh
atleast you didint loose your devil
might want to get that chum out of your pockets lol j/k
glad your ok

·
Registered
104 Posts
Kenny great to hear that you are ok. I think all of my fishing equipment would be up for sale on ebay. Heck maybe my boat too. lol That might have scared me off the water period.

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
i thought you were gunna take your big pole next time. sounds like that local reef is now thier local reef. i know i could scream like a little girl in a situation like that, even with a barritone voice.

if i would have been with you it would have sounded like a good opera.

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
I just don't think I would deal with that well. Sounds scary to me. I have been bumped by solid critters before and I am glad I never saw them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts