2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Randall out today in search of something to talk about.

He has been wanting to put his Titanium and Graphite Fly Rod to the test.
We left out around 10:00 AM in search of a Trophy other than a Trout, or Red.
I saw what would have been a sure record of a fish on the way to the first area we would be hunting.

After Stopping to rig up, and following the GPS track back,we were not able to locate the Record fish.

We carried on our search and it led us out in the Deep Green. We found a weedline in a common fishing area, and saw what would have been a 50-60 lb. class Lemonfish.

After casting to entice it to the fly, the fish spooked and went under the boat. We backed off and gave it time to resurface, and got within Fly distance once more.

It followed the Fly out, but did not bite.

Being that I did not have a GAFF..I don't think we could have put it in the boat with the net I had.

Randall said we could have " Just Grabbed it by the Tail"..

Sure Randall...I don't want any part of a Ling Horn in my hand..

Here is a pic. of the ALMOST Hookup..

It was fun Randalll, and the Fat Lady hasn't whispered a Note..!!!!

(The fish is in front of the weeds)

Attachments

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
This is what a day fishing with jeff looks like. we spent 8 hours in search of the elusive record fish on fly. the lemon fish was a kikker and i choked like a child on a lifesaver the first 2 cast but finally got it together and made a few good cast and the varmit just wanted to follow it around. this was the biggest ling i have cast to and was very intimidated. he saw the boat and busted out . we found another 1 or the same i don't know but i landed a clouser right on his nose and he chased it all the way to the boat 1 inch from his nose then went under the boat like it was nothing. go figure. the big lady is not gunna utter a word till its done. thanks jeff. cold shower and pain killers and i will be fine. lookin forward to the next adventure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
OOOOuuuuchhhh!!!!!!

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GULFCOASTRODS.NET said:
This is what a day fishing with jeff looks like. we spent 8 hours in search of the elusive record fish on fly. the lemon fish was a kikker and i choked like a child on a lifesaver the first 2 cast but finally got it together and made a few good cast and the varmit just wanted to follow it around. this was the biggest ling i have cast to and was very intimidated. he saw the boat and busted out . we found another 1 or the same i don't know but i landed a clouser right on his nose and he chased it all the way to the boat 1 inch from his nose then went under the boat like it was nothing. go figure. the big lady is not gunna utter a word till its done. thanks jeff. cold shower and pain killers and i will be fine. lookin forward to the next adventure.
Randall...

I could have stayed out till dark..Looking for the "Record" fish...

It's only gonna get better as the Temperature rises...and the wind doesn't blow.

This kind of fishing will test your Willpower for sure...It's not really fishing is it?..

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Did y'all come over this way or go out from your neck this weekend Jeff?

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TimOub007 said:
Did y'all come over this way or go out from your neck this weekend Jeff?
We stayed local...

But....next weekend is going to be a different story..

I will give you a Hint...I've got to buy a 20.00 license...you hear me Tim?

·
14,926 Posts
It's not really fishing is it?..
i think it is the definition of fishing. catching would make it bland. the adventure is what its all about. the search and the execution is the reward for time spent.
we will get it done with perseverance and dedication. i am committed to the task at hand.

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
Well, I've got my full year already. Keep in touch. I've got to cover work next weekend, but if it isn't busy I might be free...hint, hint.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you don't get Skin Cancer first...

GULFCOASTRODS.NET said:
It's not really fishing is it?..
i think it is the definition of fishing. catching would make it bland. the adventure is what its all about. the search and the execution is the reward for time spent.
we will get it done with perseverance and dedication. i am committed to the task at hand.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need someone to Video for me..I am serious about landing a record...

I will in touch.

TimOub007 said:
Well, I've got my full year already. Keep in touch. I've got to cover work next weekend, but if it isn't busy I might be free...hint, hint.

·
TopWater Tango
895 Posts
ROTFLOL

Fella I have three words for you

Hat
Longsleeves
Sunscreen

Man, I have been there, that right there is gonna hurt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Is a lemonfish another name for a ling? I have never heard of a lemonfish.
Do I need to get out more or what?

·
14,926 Posts
Bill step away from the puter. don't clean your reels and go fishing !!!

·
14,926 Posts
redlegg said:
ROTFLOL

Fella I have three words for you

Hat
Longsleeves
Sunscreen

Man, I have been there, that right there is gonna hurt.
red leg i was wearing a shirt and a hat and glasses. it was just plain hot today and i got burned through a white shirt ????? it aint nothing but a thing tho. i stay brown all year round all the way down. cept my ankles.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
bill said:
Is a lemonfish another name for a ling? I have never heard of a lemonfish.
Do I need to get out more or what?
Cobia, ling, crab cruncher ... aka lemonfish

Good luck with hunt, guys ... hope ya get that trophy!

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Thanks Bob. I have caught lemonsharks, had lemon on my fish but never heard of a lemonfish...LOL

Jeff, I sent Randall a PM, might be able to get you hooked up..LOL

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,665 Posts
GULFCOASTRODS.NET said:
red leg i was wearing a shirt and a hat and glasses. it was just plain hot today and i got burned through a white shirt ????? it aint nothing but a thing tho. i stay brown all year round all the way down. cept my ankles.
Wow! That burn is bad. And it is going to hurt BAAAD!

Just FYI, a typical cotton shirt has a SPF of about 4, according my wife. She does have a medical background so I try and believe her :). Best to put your sunblock on before you slap on the shirt in the morning.

JAB - great stuff man. Good luck on the hunt.

GCB

·
Registered
140 Posts
OOOOUUCH!!! Dude you look like you were deep fried without the batter. Man that's gotta hurt. May I suggest SPF 50! Or higher if they make it.

I'm totally impressed with the shade of RED you achieved. Maybe you'll get that elusive fish next time and make it all worth it.

Thanks for the report JAB.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts