2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I looked at a Cearwater Baystar2100,I have never heard of this brand of boat before, It kind of reminds me of a Kenner but I was told there is no conection.
The boat looked great and a good price also any one heard of these boats or an opinion on them.
Your comments would be appriceated.

Wil.k

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have the Clearwater 2300cc. These are made by Marine Manufacturing. Same company makes Palm Beach, Key Largo and Cape Craft. The Clearwater is supposed to be an "updated" model with no wood.

I am really enjoying my so far. Purchased in March. I feel I got a good boat for a good price. It won't be mistaken for a whaler or grady, but, its what I could afford.

I am assuming you looked at this at the boat show with Witt Marine. Witt marine has been excellent to deal with.

Hope this helps.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I looked at the 21 ft Key Largo and was impressed with lines, features and price. the bow appears to drop a little, looks sexy but not sure if will take on water when anchored in swells. Apparently, only available with Yammi's. I would prefer and ETEC. The Key L looks like the picture on the CW, but the KL has wood laminate in transom and stringers.

I would like to hear how they ride in a bay chop and how dry they are.

·
would rather be on the water
1,855 Posts
I know witt marine used to sell them in baytown..trying to figure out if they went under for a while and now are back? Also if anyone has mike witts number please pm me, would love to talk to him about these boats...thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
We have a Key Largo 216, like said before it's basically the same boat. I would say if motor went out now, I would absolutely repower. We love this boat. Built like a tank and handles everything from the coast to the lake. Handles the chop across Aransas Bay really good. Stays dry too, except when wind is blowing spray sideways. Sure she's not as fancy as some of the others and wont run 70 mph in 6" of water, but she sure was priced right and never let us down. Hope this helps. Also forgot to mention that the layout is the best part, really comfortable boat.

Sky Tire Cloud Boat trailer Wheel

·
1,855 Posts
Good deal, yes or no....2007 21 ft clearwater with 150 yamaha 24 stroke, 28 hrs on the motor, eagle gps, fishfinder, etc, minn kota 80 troll motor, bimini top, aluminum double axle trailer, leaning post, dual live wells, ample storage, ....$20K

·
1,855 Posts
The hull has a 10 year warranty but not sure about the motor. Its an 07 model, what is the standard for yamaha's?

·
Keepin' it Reel
5 Posts
I own a Clearwater 2400 Baystar with a Yamaha 250 I am very pleased with it's performance. It's not a jewell like the Nautic Stars or Pathfinders or some others that are very expensive, but very functional, good hardware, good features not great but for the quality of materials used the price is good. They are out of business but assetts have been purchased by SAK Marine so I think they answer the phone number that is posted on the web site. The Clearwater is not the same as Key Largo (made by the same Marine Manufacuring) the Clearwaters are made with coosa composite materials there is no wood in the hulls. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an 07 clearwater 1900 baystar with the yamaha 4stroke brand new and still love it, solid boat for sure
I know this is a really old thread, but I am considering the same boat that you’ve mentioned, even the same year model.
Are you still of the opinion?
Anything in particular that I should look for?
Ill be fishing the bays near Port A, is this boat worthy of taking out past the jetties (weather permitting)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts