2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
COOL reproduction. SCAT is a respected name in VW reproduction parts...which you probably already know.

If you want the true "low down" on whatever company is repro'ing this Spyder I would suggest going over to The Samba - www.thesamba.com and asking about it. They are (IMO) the PREMIER VW-related website and can answer anything about reproduction VW's and Porsches you might want to know.

Air-Cooled ROCKS!!

·
All my friends say.....
7,365 Posts
Cool looking little car. I would have to add a radio. The reserve has not been met. I wonder how much the reserve is.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
COOL reproduction. SCAT is a respected name in VW reproduction parts...which you probably already know.

If you want the true "low down" on whatever company is repro'ing this Spyder I would suggest going over to The Samba - www.thesamba.com and asking about it. They are (IMO) the PREMIER VW-related website and can answer anything about reproduction VW's and Porsches you might want to know.

Air-Cooled ROCKS!!
Like BlueWave said, go th thesamba.com

That site is the 2Cool of the VW world. I was an air cooler for years. I would like to see what size engine it is and who built it and with what parts. Lots of different blocks or cases and some are trash and some are great. Get the nimbers off the case and run them by some of the experts on thesamba

Other than that, it is a sweet lookin ride and should be loads of fun to drive. even if its a 1600, its still going to be fun!

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
I think I would pass, I did not see any cup (beer) holders. :p

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
It's a "little" more than a 1600 in there.

From the eBay ad:
4-CYLINDER 2165 TYPE 1 SCAT MOTOR

2165? that should run like a ...well you know. I never went over 1776 in mine but it would run! I bet that thing is fun!

Any idea of its weight? I guess I need to look at the link a little better!:cheers:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Spider and speedster repros are really cool looking and very driveable...the only downside I see is here in Houston/S. Texas those era Porsche / VW 4 cyl. motors generally do not have Airconditioning....and there is nothing cool about sweating in August while cruising in your new car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts