2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the way to work this morning. I saw four deer which isnt out of the norm, in the league city area. Two were some really nice bucks one was a nice tall 9pt and his g2 was forked, then down the road I saw the biggest typical 10 I have ever seen. Beautiful deer. Yesterday in seabrook I saw a total of 12 deer only two bucks both 6 pointers but 1 was very nice for a 6 pt. I drive 6 hrs to hunt and havent seen a deer like any of these the whole season.

·
Gone Fishing
12,001 Posts
Me and my neighbor feed them at the southern end of Center street in Pasadena, I drive 2-1/2 hours to hunt and have saw a total of 2 deer in the stand. I see twice that on my way to work most mornings at the end of my street.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
On the way to work this morning. I saw four deer which isnt out of the norm, in the league city area. Two were some really nice bucks one was a nice tall 9pt and his g2 was forked, then down the road I saw the biggest typical 10 I have ever seen. Beautiful deer. Yesterday in seabrook I saw a total of 12 deer only two bucks both 6 pointers but 1 was very nice for a 6 pt. I drive 6 hrs to hunt and havent seen a deer like any of these the whole season.
i driv e146 from baytown to tx city to work. the last two years i have seen a MONSTER close to redbluff. havnt seen him this year though

·
TxDuSlayer
4,770 Posts
Friday during all the snow saw a buck chasing a doe right across hwy 6 from the sugarland airport!! If I could have videoed it you would have swore it was from some where in the midwest. Nice buck for Fort bend Co.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We have a bunch of deer here in Dickinson. We've got a couple of good 8 pointers that come by my house along with a group of 6 doe. I know a guy that we were gonna dove hunt on his property with and he says he has an 8 pointer that would score about 170-180.

We even have a few bobcats here believe it or not, I was riding home from work one day and i was heading down 1266 in front of the gun range and 2 bobcats ran out in front of the car that was in front of me but only one made it. Im just glad I didnt hit it on my bike.

I remember about 8-9 years ago there was a hog in front of my house the police caught. My neighbor and I were tryin to talk them in to lettin us shoot it and keep it but they wouldnt let us. I know we still have some around here because when it rains I find there hair in some mud holes, and the property my neighbor keeps their horses they get hog hair on the fence. So were thinkin about settin up a tree stand back there, we already have one in an undisclosed area.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
Im in the same boat.....drive to lease and havent seen a darn thing! But around the city they are everywhere!

nice size deer on egret bay (270) in between 518 and Nasa 1, had a monster off of Lawrence (Kemah/League City) before they built the new apts!

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got home and saw two more bucks in two different locations. one 8 and a 7. They are on the move. Total since yesterday in seabrook and league city is 18. 12 of those being does. two 6pts(SEABROOK), a 7 pt , 8pt, 9pt, and a big 10 (ALL IN LEAGUE CITY AREA.) I need a good camera

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
Uh, you need to cruise UHCL campus sometime at dusk.

I was leaving class there one night probably 4 years ago and I saw the biggest f'ing deer I'd ever seen in my life up to that point. His was 10+ points easy. Just an absolute beast.

My dad has told me stories about seeing some monsters out at JSC back in the day.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
use to fish the back side of Taylor lake and would always see the one monster buck and his ladies swimming across one of the back canals , he would get in and then they would follow .what a site when your 20 foot away.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
I always loved going to work in the evenings, going the "back way" turn onto choate road off 146 and then on to red bluff... There is some really nece deer back in ther... well was anyways. been a while.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
Uh, you need to cruise UHCL campus sometime at dusk.

I was leaving class there one night probably 4 years ago and I saw the biggest f'ing deer I'd ever seen in my life up to that point. His was 10+ points easy. Just an absolute beast.
No joke about UHCL. I had to go there a few years back in the middle of the night for something and had my spotlight on so I could see...Holy Cow there was one huge monster buck....it just stared at me never moving until I finally drove around it.

Just about 0015 this morning, there were about 10-12 deer on Bay Area Blvd. across from the park. Right at the road. Of course I am going 40 MPH (thanks to the PPD officer that was behind me...lol). I see them all the time and travel this road frequently. Do you think that the deer become accustomed to the vehicle traffic? Just every once in a while, I will see a dead one in the road. Maybe everyone else that hits one just loads it up and goes. I am not into hunting deer that much. I would think cars zooming by would make them skittish..guess not.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
I saw a doe run across the road inside the railroad tracks not a 1/2 mile from Freeport Welding. Yep, Freeport,...........headed for the urban renewal area.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I moved to Village on the Lake off of Space Center adn Nasa Rd 1 back in August... the apts back up to a nature reserve that has some of the biggest bucks you'll ever see and the deer across from Space Center in the NASA fence arent to shabby either!

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
I wish ya'll would stop honking in front of my stand, how will I get these deer to understand grunt calls when Toyota's and Nissan's are honking, feel my wrath commuters. rs

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
Narc!........Actually, they were lifted from another forum, and I remembered this thread so I thought I'd post em up.
That being said...cell cameras are a wonderful thing aren't they?:wink:
Until you get caught, I worked there after 9/11, then Dow after that. I raised those deer and somebody might have some monster videos, but I can't remember who, astronauts shooting deer on Christmas???? rs

1 - 20 of 28 Posts