2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Academy or someone similar will carry the closed spool to upgrade my citica d to the salt version? I am in The Woodlands if you know of a store near by.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
You can order the spool direct from us if they do not stock it. More than likely I would not expect Academy to stock the spool for you.

877-577-0600

·
Excel, it's easy to be average
2,153 Posts
FYI - I wrap the reel spools with holes in them with 2-3 wraps of teflon pipe thread tape to keep the water out.

Charles

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
This works really well also :) I use the closed spool for heavier line or increased line capacity when fishing inshore here on the west coast.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I looked at these in Academy last nite. Seemd like the 100 had the closed spool and the 200 had the holes. Did I miss something?

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Well slap me silly!! I just figgered dsv meant 'deep spool version' since it has a deeper spool. Didn't know there was a saltwater version. Same with Curados??

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bantam1 said:
You can order the spool direct from us if they do not stock it. More than likely I would not expect Academy to stock the spool for you.

877-577-0600
Hey B1,

What is the price on the spool?

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bantam1 said:

877-577-0600
Bantam1:

Does the replacement spool come with the VBS brake attached? This may actually help out as I could spool with both mono and braid and swap on the fly.

MW

·
Registered
491 Posts
is this thread to old to reopen
? I have never heard this. All I do is fish salt, all I have is the spools with holes cause they cast a whole lot better, but I have never had a problem with several curados (green)and recently a citica 100 that I swapped the spool out from a 50mg. What should I be looking for as far as problems? I use them alot and im out wade fishing with them, just wash them off when im done and no problems so far.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
It can allow water to enter the reel through the holes in the spool. Place a piece of masking tape over the holes and you will have no problems. If you properly maintain your reel then you will see no adverse effects from having a Lo-Mass spool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts