2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey bantam, i was just wondering, do the citica 200E reels come with the same bearings that are in say the new e-7's or e-5's , curado's..just bought my son a new citica for christmas took the bearings out to clean the grease out and re oil them, they still dont spin as free as yalls other reels, not complaining by any means just curious..i have upgraded bearings i am putting in it....

thnx

carl

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
The only bearing that is different is the pinion support in the Curado E. We use an S-ARB bearing in that location. The Citica does have a few less bearings. There are two missing from the handle and one on the drive shaft. Adding one to the drive shaft makes a world of difference on the Citica E.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
The drive shaft bearing is not too hard to change. Once you open the reel and remove the main gear you will see the plate holding the drive shaft down. Remove the two Phillips head screws and pull the drive shaft out. You will see the bushing, e-clip and brass shim/washer. Remove the clip and shim/washer pull off the bushing and place the correct bearing in where the bushing used to be. Put everything back together in reverse order.

Here's a link showing how to disassemble the reel sort of. Anyways you can see what I am talking about.

http://www.tackletour.net/TTForums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33976

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx

so where the bearing usually is on the drive shaft it is a bushing..cool, i kno how to change that out, does ftu or cut rate in houston carry that bearing, and do i tell them i want to replace the bushing for A bearing...once again bantam..u da mannnnnnn...

thnx

carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts