2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did I give up by buying the 100DSV? The guy at the counter made me choose and I chose the 100. It just felt better in my hand. Of course, the 200 has one more bearing... so, did I do the right thing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm very happy with it. By the way, I also own a Cruxis and have always been happy with it as well. What's your take on the Cruxis?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Personally, I prefer the 100 over the 200 just because of the smaller size. I have both the 100 and 200 citaca and cannot tell a difference in the additional bearing. Basically it is just what feels better to you. My fishing bud now swears by the curado 300. Too bulky for me, but it is what works for him.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
I agree that the Curado 300 is a little on the large size for some applications. I love it for throwing big swimbaits for largemouth and for inshore on the West Coast. The reel does cast really well and has tons of power in a small package.

The 100 size reels do fit my hands better and that is what I prefer for bass fishing.

·
Wishin I was Fishin
1,090 Posts
kapman said:
Personally, I prefer the 100 over the 200 just because of the smaller size. I have both the 100 and 200 citaca and cannot tell a difference in the additional bearing. Basically it is just what feels better to you.
Thats what i was gonna say....

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I really think it is personal preference as well. I prefer the 200 over the 100, but only because I have huge hands. 100 felt a little small for me. I can say that I'm extremely happy with my 200 and have friends that are very happy with their 100's. They are both great reels for the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts