2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kinda jus got into smokin fine cigars. dont puff on em very often, so when i buy one i dont mind spending a few extra bucks. ive been going by havana alley here in galveston and picking one up and i jus tell the guy kinda what i like and he picks one out and ill try it. hadnt had a bad un yet, manny lopez was ok, i got one now that is a particulares and i think its the best ive tried yet, it was around $8.00, i like a sweeter milder cigar, any input from you cigar Aficionado's . what do yall prefer?

tonights smoke

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I prefer Padron cigars and Hoyo de Monterrey Media Noche. Other than those 2 I don't smoke anything else. I will try others if someone tells me some try.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have to try, some cigars ive smoked have a twang, bite etc, this one is not that way, and feels like im gettin a slight buzz.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
Just started getting into cigars as well.

I've smoked one this weekend that I just couldn't get into, it was a light smoke but the taste described to me by the guy in the humidor was "gramcracker".

I smoked a couple of Rocky Patels 1992 Connecticut's IIRC. They come in a black/white metal tube and enjoyed them.

I'm really just learning about cigars as in smoke time, draw, wrappings, fillers etc.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
welcome to the club! To get you started check out cheaphumidors.com because they have a free guide that tells you just about whatever you want to know about cigars plus they email you coupons and specials. Then keep a log with everything you try, I past the labels and put comments and a scale of 1-10 for each. I prefer rocky patels, padron, vintage camaroon, pretty much anything more robust.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Rocky Patel 1990 is my everyday stick. Hard to beat.

Just try a bunch of them and you'll find one you like. Don't snub the "cheaper" ones because you might find YOUR cigar. Buy a decent torch and a good humidor and everything else will fall into place.

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
Perdermo Habana Maduro, Don Pepin Blue Label, 5 Vegas AtomicRocky Patel Edge, Cain Straight Ligero, El Mejor Double Espresso, Drew Estates La Veija Habana, and that ought to help give you a few to choose from. Also check out Cigarbid.com. You can find some stick cheap and try a few different blends.

·
Watcha gonna do when we come for you!
440 Posts
La Gloria Cubana "Madura" is my favorite stick!!!!!!! A little heavier then what you may like but its worth a shot!:brew:

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
welcome to the club! To get you started check out cheaphumidors.com because they have a free guide that tells you just about whatever you want to know about cigars plus they email you coupons and specials. Then keep a log with everything you try, I past the labels and put comments and a scale of 1-10 for each. I prefer rocky patels, padron, vintage camaroon, pretty much anything more robust.
Cheaphumidors.com is fantastic. I've bought all my humidors from them. They have great prices and great customer service.

Try a Hoya de Montera Excaliber. A fantastic smoke for the right price. Also try an Oliva V. Also a very good smoke.

Finally, pick up an issue or two of Cigar Afficianado. Not only great bathroom reading, but they rate 100 cigars a month. Their write ups are insightful and will make you appreciate what to look for in a good cigar.

Up next? Finding the perfect drink with the perfect cigar. Whisky, Bourbon, Brandy, Beer and even Coffee. All can enhance the flavor and experience.

Enjoy!

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
I am a tobacconist in Lufkin, I have a walk in humidor at work, Cigars are like food you cant stay on just one unless you live a borring life. I am always lookin for something new. I just smoked a Rocky Patel EDGE double maduro churchill,,,,,one long hour of pleasure. Kinky Friedman, Cusano\Cuvee, Fuente, Cuesta, Punch, Maconudo, Partamas, Hupman, Monte Cristo, R&J, Cohiba, CAO, Victor Cinclair, Griffins, Perdomo, etc, they are all good.

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
It really is a cool hobby to have but another hobby nonetheless. My buddy who is really getting into is trying to get me to get a humidor but it is down on the list of things to get. I probably smoke about a smoke a week.

We went up to the CigarVault and well I'll just leave it at that. Nice shop but over priced. I found that Rocky Patel I was talking about nearly $4 more than what I could get it at Spec's.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you like sweet and mild cigars try Tatiana's from the Dominican. They have several flavors. My two favorites are Cherry and Honey in the Classic 6X44's. You can pick up several flavors from Cigar shops and try them. When you find one you like order you a carton online. You will save a lot of money. Of course when you buy a carton make sure you at least order a cheap humidor to keep them fresh.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Mild-Patel 1990 Connecticut. YOU HAVE TO TRY the Patel special blends (spring, summer, autumn) some might be a little heavier than mild but are a GREAT smoke! Montecristo Platinum (really any monte), Arturo Fuente Cedar No. 2. Romeo Y Julieta has some good milds but I cant remember right off.

Heavier-Oliva Serie V, Casa Magna, Patel Decade, The Gurkhas are good. OPUS is the shizzy.

We need to have a 2cool herf sometime

·
Registered
128 Posts
Partagas Robusto - Mild, mellow easy smoke that doesn't require a 1 hour commitment to enjoy. Not overly expensive either.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts