2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,321 Posts
most of us 'round here fish from the surf .. so i can't offer much usefull info in regards chuming techniques ... I can tell you that you won't find me anchored up chumming from my kayak ;-)

·
Jalapeno!
129 Posts
When I am surf fishing what I do is take large buckets maybe 1-2 gallons, I then tie a string to a 1 pound stone and place the stone halfway down the bucket and suspend it with a stick across the bucket. Now, I fill the bucket with fish bits, blood, fish oils, etc.. make it nice and soupy then add water..

60% Water and 40% chum works the best and lasts the longer in swift currents, Reverse the %'s for slow currents..

Then I freeze it, when its frozen I bring it to the shore with me, after removing it from an ice chest I kayak or jetski it out in the surf with my bait.. shake the frozen chum block out of the bucket and it it sinks right near my bait..

Works wonders and doesn't leave anything but a stone and little piece of string in the ocean when thawed..

-z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.