2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me if this is a silly idea or not. I thought of this last time I was surf fishing and the action was slow. What if I froze a bunch of chum in water in a 5 gallon bucket and then anchored it upcurrent from my shark baits in the surf. The idea being that as the ice melts, it releases the chum. Anchoring would be no problem as a cross brace (rebar?) attached to a line could be frozen into the block. Could also attach a bleach bottle for retrival of the weight and line after the ice melts. I guess one drawback would be packing it in enough ice to keep it frozen, but that could be overcome if one is motivated enough. What do you think?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'ved thought about the same thing. My concern is that there is a good possibility that when a fish hits it will wrap your line around the chum bucket line.

·
Registered
403 Posts
use it on an outgoing tide and place it in the wade or first gut. that way scent gets taken out to where your baits are

justin

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,391 Posts
I use 3" pvc about four foot long. Drilled alot of small holes in it. Have it rigged up on a leader, use it on a rod that is not fishing.Every so often shake it and drag it around. I will put any thing that bleeds in it and paddle it out to about the second gut. Like said before a outgoing tide works best but will work on any current.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts