2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even after cleaning my chronarch bsv (brand new) and reassembling, I'm still not getting the casting distance I should be. I followed the shimano tips for cleaning reels and that didn't work. So what's next? I've tried adjusting brakes and cast control knob, cleaned bearings, wiped off excess grease... I don't know what else I can check. Should I send it back or can I take it to academy? I lost the receipt so I don't know what I can do.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reel

If you send it back to manufacture, mark it in some way. I sent mine in for warrenty and when it was sent back, it was not the reel I sent in. I always engrave my name in the reel seat, the returned reel did not have my name on it. Plus they tryed to charge me for some parts on a brand new reel.

They asked if I would be willing to keep the reel that was sent to me, He!! NO, I want my reel or a brand new one!!

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
The reel you received was not a brand new reel. This was a service stock reel and you were charged $20 for it. We will not replace the reel unless we do not have parts in stock to repair the reel, or the reel was in such bad shape that replacement was needed.

·
Ayatollah of Jack & Cola
1,522 Posts
Hay Bantam1,
I took my Chronarch 100sf apart last night for the first time in 3+ yrs. I need to order some parts. Who do I call? Also what is the bearing upgrade package for this reel?

Thanks,
RR

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Here is our customer service line 877-577-0600. We do not offer a bearing package but you can order the bearings that you need/want for the reel. ARB, Stainless,and ABEC 5 are all avialable.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
ARB bearings are easier to maintain and service. They are also more corrosion resistent. The ABEC 5 spool bearings are more precise and offer improved performance but at the cost of increased maintenance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts