2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bantam1, will shimano still be replacing the old Chronarch 50 MG frames if sent to Shimano? If they do what is the mailing address? (The black inside plate inside my reel is severly corroding away) Thanks.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I'm getting ready to send my 50 Mg off today for repair. I noticed that it was kind of jerky when reeling in. I had it cleaned and repaired last year. I guess I'll just have to send it in about once a year to get serviced. I do not run water over my reels to clean them after fishing. I was told not to do that as it just forces stuff into the real. I have just been whiping them off with a damp rag after fishing. I did oil the leverwind before each fishing trip. I kind of expected the reel to last longer following a complete cleaning at Shimano. I'm a bit dissapointed that it did not last longer.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Bantam,

My 50MG has been at FTU for 4 weeks waiting on parts. They have the new frames, but they don't have the protective plates and the 2-3 other small parts that go on the new frames.

They have no idea when they'll get the parts. Any chance you could check in on getting them the parts?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Those parts should come with the new frames that we have been receiving unless something has changed. We have a huge parts shipment coming this month. I'm sure they will be in this shipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts