2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just feeling immensely blessed this Christmas. It is a milestone of sorts. TWENTY YEARS AGO this Dec. 28th I checked myself into rehab for alcohol and drug addiction. The second night in I got on my knees and asked God to save me from myself. He instantly and supernaturally did for me what I could not do for myself.
These last 2 decades have been full of a life I never expected to have. An inner peace, a confidence in my heavenly advocate and knowledge of things I could not see before.
I know that every hug I get from my wife, every kiss on the cheek from my daughters, the laughter of my grandchildren, the companionship of my sons...I owe all of it to God. Because I would not have experienced any of it if not for HIM.
Sure, like all of you, there are trials and even tragedies, but through all of it I know that if I keep my eye on Him, and seek his glory, his truth and his will that I will walk out my days with a thankful heart and gratitude for my many blessings.
So, as I contemplate recieving the greatest gift ever given, unearned and undeserved, my prayer is that all of my cherished friends will feel the same joy as I do tonight.
May God richly bless all of you and yours in a way that exceeds what you would wish for yourselves. Mike

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
"And they overcame him [the devil] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death" (Rev. 12:11).

Thank you for your powerful testimony.

God bless,
tropicalsun
Pastor Rob

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Activescrape, thank you so much for sharing your testimony. Twenty years is quite a milestone but as you know nothing is impossible with God. Sometimes we have to be at our lowest to seek help and to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord. We never know what plans God has for our lives. We have to trust Him everyday and stay in His Word for direction and it sounds like you have done exactly that. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. I pray that you will stay on the road less traveled and may God richly bless you and yours. Merry Christmas!
RT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts