2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TEXAS Proud
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got myself pretty busy with Christmas orders this year... That's what I get for taking my sweet time with these things, last minute Christmas stress!! These three are built on Rainshadow IP843 blanks. They're going to be used for throwing croaker, so I went with a little more moderate action blank than what I usually use for the bay. The colors are Madiera maroon and NCP white, metallic silver and Gudebrod dark blue, and Madiera turquoise and Gudebrod goldenrod. I went a little tiger wrap crazy, but I didn't have time to do the scales wrap that he originally wanted... I learned that turquoise and yellow in a tiger wrap makes a turquoise-ish green! Not exactly what I had in mind, but it still works. I've almost swore off Madiera after these rods. It seems like the silicon in the thread gets worse as you get toward the center of the spool. I had a heck of a time getting finish on these without it beading up. Even with CP... The guides on these are Recoils and I used Recoil teardrop hook keepers. There's two more on the dryer right now and then I start a nice relaxing Christmas break in South Texas!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Beautiful work, Kyle! That's ALOT of wrapping w/ those tigers, but I probably don't need to tell ya that. 3 lucky fishermen!!

·
did you see the size of that chicken?
287 Posts
very nice work. the owners will be stoked. and in the interest of full disclosure, i saved the pic in my ideas folder. the practice of moving the "butt wrap" up the rod and leaving some bare rod above the foregrip is really neat. really says custom in my book. thanks for the inspiration.

·
TEXAS Proud
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys! Alphonso, those reel seats are Fuji ACS 17's in size 10.5. Delrod, one of the reasons I have it set up like that is if I need to repair the hookkeeper, it's separate from the butt wrap and much easier to do a clean repair than if its tied in with the butt wrap. Thanks again ya'll!! Have a Merry Christmas & prosperous 2010!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts