2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got me a ham going for dinner tonight.. I started with a rub i made from the ingrediants pictured.. Then I added a cup of sugar to a can of chopped Pineapple that I'm rendering down to a thick glaze to cover the ham in.. I am letting the ham soak up the rub while I'm rendering the glaze..

Here are some pics of the beggining...

Attachments

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When the chunked pineapple was soft and tender I ran it thru the food processor and returned it to the pot for more rendering... When its done, it will be like mollases. Thick and gooey and ready to spread over the ham.. Then I will dress her up a little more and shove it in the oven...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Looks real good!!!

I put one in the smoker yesterday for 4 hours basting it with Honey and Brown suger every 30 mins. Turned out good!!!

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,, When the glaze is like epoxy, i covered the bottom of the ham. I added 6 slices of pineapple to the bottom of the cooking tray to keep it from burning and set it on top of them... Then I glazed the top and added a couple more Pinapples to the top.. I inserted it into the oven and will glaze it with the rest of my sauce as needed.. PICS OF THE PERFECTION WHEN DONE...:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Living life in the 77H20 zip code
848 Posts
The home made ham looks great....but what are you taking the pictures with ??? A home made camera ??? Looks like your shooting through a campbell's soup can for a lens ???? LOL j/k

Ham's going to be delicious looks like.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The home made ham looks great....but what are you taking the pictures with ??? A home made camera ??? Looks like your shooting through a campbell's soup can for a lens ???? LOL j/k

Ham's going to be delicious looks like.
lol.. Thats my cam that adapts to my night vision scope... It always has that ring unless i zoom...

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
Shameful! Food **** on Christmas day!

I like it! :biggrin:

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
I can smell it from across tha Ship Channel..........................or maybe that's just Albemarle. :eek::slimer::)

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wind is the wrong direction for it ta be me, so it must be your ?????:eek:hwell:

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its ready and plated now. Pineapple Ham with mashed sweet taters and creamed spinach, with a garnish of a red habenaro and a green mariachii pepper..

Bon Appititte...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
No need to vote for 2Cooler of the Year, JQ would win for the 3rd year in a row. Thanks for the food posts, lookin' forward to 2010.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts