2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
mine is almost all FT. just need turnbuckles and a few other things and im all set!!

building it is half the fun!!

·
Legend
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gota a question for everybody...

When building the diff are there any secrets to building it? I have read that some people are glueing the diff rings to the outdrives because the diff rings are breaking the outdrives.

·
Wade Fishing Fanatic
492 Posts
I havent glued mine and they are working fine, both with stock dog bones, and now with CVD's. I also run brushless with all the extra speed and torque. I would reccommend CVD's when you get a chance. There are some very affordable ones out there that are of good quality.

The only main thing you have to be careful with is that you dont over tighten them and strip out the plastic threads that hold the diff together. Also, after the first run, they almost always loosen up. But when you re tighten them, they stay put.

On a side note. GPM makes this diff (below) and it is a drop in. I hear they work great but you can never find them in stock. At the toyz.com they are less than $20. I would like to find some and try them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Be sure to compress the diff spring a few times before you build the diff, just work it in a pair of pliers. Then do it like a 1/10 4wd diff, tighten it until you can't spin the diff gear when the outdrives are held. To keep from stripping plastic I had to tighten until it stopped, back off and tighten a little more, keep doing it until the gear is tight. Bit of a PITA but it works. Like Danny said, after a couple runs I checked mine and ended up tightening about another 1/8 turn and they've held since then. And I didn't glue the diff rings, if it's tight enough you shouldn't need to (Phil, ha ha). You can run teh diff pretty tight with BL power.

·
Legend
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I test fitted the diff rings to the diff and mine fit prett tight, unlike what some poeple have experienced with the diff rings not fitting. Mine fit tight...

·
Legend
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Things I have learned through building this RC18T FT kit.

1. ROLL PINS would be nice for the stub axle to be held with. The solid pins (atleast in my kit) slide right out!!! CVD's will be ordered next week.
2. These little ball cups suck. If I can turn the camber link with my fingers who knows how its going to fair at the end of a race.
3. Dont have a servo so I havent put together the steering yet..
4. The kit went together well, but I believe I will order a stainless screw kit for it.
5. It seems the ball studs are barely 1/16''. I have 3, 1/16'' wrenches and only one fits it.

I'll stop the ranting and get to building the shocks.... Im having fun, thats all tha counts..

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
SwayOveride said:
Things I have learned through building this RC18T FT kit.

1. ROLL PINS would be nice for the stub axle to be held with. The solid pins (atleast in my kit) slide right out!!! CVD's will be ordered next week.
2. These little ball cups suck. If I can turn the camber link with my fingers who knows how its going to fair at the end of a race.
3. Dont have a servo so I havent put together the steering yet..
4. The kit went together well, but I believe I will order a stainless screw kit for it.
5. It seems the ball studs are barely 1/16''. I have 3, 1/16'' wrenches and only one fits it.

I'll stop the ranting and get to building the shocks.... Im having fun, thats all tha counts..
MIP super diffs on the card.

MIP CVDs on the card.

Lundsford Ti kit on the card.

Slapping Kurt Wenger, priceless! :D j/k

·
Legend
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gary said:
MIP super diffs on the card.

MIP CVDs on the card.

Lundsford Ti kit on the card.

Slapping Kurt Wenger, priceless! :D j/k
Im not knocking the kit. I know I am going to have a blast with it as soon as I get it up and running, but there are a couple little things that AE could have improved upon and it probably wouldnt have cost anything in the long run.

Didn't Kurt graduate from A&M?:)

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
SwayOveride said:
Im not knocking the kit. I know I am going to have a blast with it as soon as I get it up and running, but there are a couple little things that AE could have improved upon and it probably wouldnt have cost anything in the long run.

Didn't Kurt graduate from A&M?:)
LMAO! :D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts