2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long of a boat ride is it from Bastrop Bayou ramp to Christmas and do you have to go through Bastrop Bay? On my map it shows a cut but its not there on google earth. Also, is there is another ramp closer with out going to the pass?

·
Registered
629 Posts
It does not take but maybe 15 minutes to Christmas bay to from Bastrop and yes you have to go threw bastrop bay but you better stay in the channel. Entering Bastrop bay there is a reef that curves around to the channel so be sure not to hit that reef once in the channel its a striaght shot to christmas bay. There is a boat ramp on Christmas bay but it is close the the pass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
15 minute boat ride from bastrop to christmas. might be tough for you if you dont know the way. reefs in bastrop bayou before icw tho they are marked. after you cross icw big reef on your left, its marked just keep markers on your left an you should be ok.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a Carolina Skiff. I've been in Bastrop but it was a few years ago. Do yall think if I was to look it over on google earth and take it slow through Bastrop I'd be ok? thanks for the info -Matt

·
Shoalwater 23' Cat
503 Posts
The channel for Bastrop Bayou is fairly well marked and not a problem. As an option you can run the ICW back to Chocolate and run that down to Cold Pass if you don't want to go through Bastop Bay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts