2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple links in the fridge that are going to spoil if I don't find a good way to use them. Eggs and chorizo only goes so far. What else can I do with it?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
queso fundido

and have you heard of this thing called a "freezer" - miraculous invention...you can put food in there and it gets really really cold and will stay there for 6 months to a year.

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
queso fundido

and have you heard of this thing called a "freezer" - miraculous invention...you can put food in there and it gets really really cold and will stay there for 6 months to a year.
Frozen sausage loses it's flavor. I need to cook it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
brown it , in a pan and mix in some roarita refried beans and make some bean hot bean dip , mix in jalapenos and some frito scoops and ice cold beer to wash down the heat. Iguess you could add some cheese and crushed bacon

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
mix it half with some pan sausage and chopped onion and stuff a bunch of japalangos with it, then half fry some bacon strips and wrap the jap and finish off on the back of the grill

shredded cheese in the mix an option

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Brown it on the stove like hamburger meat and throw it in a bowl with chili con queso. Use it like dip on chips . MMMMMMM GOOOOOD.
RT

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Chorizo con papas is a nice alternative to chorizo con huevo. Crispy home fries, well drained sauteed chorizo, fresh pico de gallo all rolled up in a toasted flour tortilla. Breakfast with coffee or campfire with cerveza it's versatile.

Next time that you buy chorizo get Chorizo de San Manuel AKA "Guerra's Brand". I wrote a short piece on them for Saveur magazine a few years ago and you wouldn't believe the quality. Never frozen pork trucked down to the RG Valley from Iowa, spices toasted and ground on site, immaculate processing facilities and the chorizo is never frozen until you do, if you do. All the other brands are pretenders.

·
Registered
603 Posts
i need to try Guerra's brand
I have always used Garcias and have been pretty happy but tommorow is Sunday and I and going to try and get some in the morning. Can I get it at HEB or Kroger ?

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
HEB for sure. They usually don't have a lot of it so you have to search through all the other stuff. I don't do Kroger so can't say.

·
Registered
124 Posts
X2 with the Guerra's. Used H&H for many years until the texture changed (needed to run it through a fine grinder before cooking) Tried many brands before finding Guerra's and it is excellent. Have tried pork and beef and both are very good.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Chorizo is not suppose to spoil. People in old Mexico hang it in their kitchens for months and it does not spoil. The reason it spoils in your firdge is because you keep it in the plasict container. Get rid of the plastic bag (not the casing) put it in a plate and let it air out to dry some. You may keep it in the fridge. The taste will much better. My favorite is Chorizo de San Manuel.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I like the one that has NATURAL labeled on it for eggs. Garcia's?

Extra chorizo...mix it in some ground meat (beef/venison...ground chicken may be good too) and make hamburgers out of it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
You can use it to season a pot of pintos! It's good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts