2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
The lutes tournaments are always fun! HHMMM 8 miles from Chocolate. Now where could that be??

LOL

Bigwater

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
i haven't ever fished one of lutes tournaments, but i would like to. we used to fish chocolate A LOT, but i havent since my husband passed away, so i immagine the bay has changed a lot. i am anxious to learn my way around it again. this seems like a great chance to do that. i live south of alvin, on mustang bayou.

trudy

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
first time for everything

This is my first summer to fish chocolate and seem to find more reefs than fish. Buttt sounds like fun anyway so the wife and I will try to make it if I am in town that weekend. Its only 12.5 miles from my driveway to Lutes. Will try and find more details on the tournament. If any one has any secret spots they want to divulge, let me know:)

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Wow, What a small world. I was raised on Mustang Bayou. We lived on Mustang a little farther up, where it comes South of Frobergs Farm. Where is comes under Old Manvel Road. As kids we ran all over those 80 acre farms right there. You probably remember the giant house that the windmill used to power in Chocolate Bay. When I was young we'd go there and fish the house was huge. Now its gone.

Bigwater

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
2COOL! i didnt know you were that close to alvin jerry. bubbaT lives here in alvin too, although we have never met. sometime when my jerry is down lets get together and have a fish fry or something. ill even supply the fish! LOL

bigwater....i know exactly where you are talking about. are you still in the alvin area?? if you go through hillcrest village and stay on that road till it dead ends at 160, i live right there. i sure do remember the windmill house! that was one of the spots we used to fish. last time i was out there nothing looked the same. the one time i got out of the channel i ended up on a reef LOL. sure do wish i would have paid attention more back when my husband knew his way around. we used to do pretty good in new bayou, but ive heard its not that good any more. anyway, i am going to get out there and figure it all out! somehow LOL

trudy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts