2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Ive been a member there since I got my CHL. My instructor, Tom Estep is one of the moderators. I go by asleepatthereel over there. Very good resource for all things CHL, and there are some good deals going on in the classifieds. I spend alot more time on 2cool, but chlforum is my second favorite!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
nice forum. think im gonna stop putting it off and get it for my birthday. Just have to check on how to get my arrest things figured out

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
nice forum. think im gonna stop putting it off and get it for my birthday. Just have to check on how to get my arrest things figured out
Give Tom a call @ (281) 455-0846, or join up on the board. Some of the members are involved with the legal aspects, and can give you the info. Those questions pop up alot over there. Having never been arrested myself, I really cant help, but there are cases where you can still get your CHL. I think some of it has to do with how much time has elapsed, and if you were convicted or not. Good luck.:cheers:

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
The fellow that owns the texaschlforum (Charles Cotton)is a lawyer, I'm sure he can answer any question you may have.

I have been registered there since October 2005 but have not participated much in the last few years.

Tom Esteep was also my CHL instructor...just shot a round of skeet with him Sunday as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Member of there for awhile..same screen name. Tom was also my CHL instructor.

FYI - We are running a CHL class at church (FBC Seabrook) two Monday evenings in February. Tom will be the instructor. There is room for more to attend. PM me if anyone is interested.

God bless,
Tropicalsun
Rob

·
Registered
822 Posts
The fellow that owns the texaschlforum (Charles Cotton)is a lawyer, I'm sure he can answer any question you may have.
Mr. Cotton also wrote a lot of the CHL laws as well and is on the NRA and TSRA Board of Directors. So as Trod said, if you have any question about the CHL or guns, he is probably a good one to ask. He was also my CHL instructor. Thanks, Steven

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
One quick question. About how long is it taking to get Texas CHL's? I have a non resident Utah permit, and as far as I can tell, Texas honors that, but once we're Texas residents, I'd like to get the appropriate permit asap.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
From what I am hearing right now it's taken about two months from the time of application. That's much better than it was this time last year.

Tropicalsun

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
Excellent. I fully intend to keep the Utah permit up to date, as well. I need to check the Texas laws, I'm wondering if the training componenet is the same....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have heard as of recent that it's taking 5-6 weeks lately. A couple guys at work got theirs fairly quickly. One guys mom got hers in 4 weeks. I am a little fuzzy on the actual time period I can verify that later. But I know for a fact it was under 8 weeks.

I have heard recently that in March the rules are going to change and it's going to take 2 days to do the CHL from now on. Can anyone verify that?

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
I have heard as of recent that it's taking 5-6 weeks lately. A couple guys at work got theirs fairly quickly. One guys mom got hers in 4 weeks. I am a little fuzzy on the actual time period I can verify that later. But I know for a fact it was under 8 weeks.

I have heard recently that in March the rules are going to change and it's going to take 2 days to do the CHL from now on. Can anyone verify that?
2 days for the class, or two days to get plastic? I havent heard anything either way.

Cant imagine the state getting your plastic to you in two days....

·
Angler
252 Posts
Our instructor mentioned that it's good we took it before the end of the year. He said there some major changes coming, but didn't elaborate on them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts