2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've got some in my ditch I could sell'em! could you imagine being the one to clean them? grose! Seems that mayor has his head on straight, I wish others could follow.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Say what y'all want, but they really are good eatin'.

Yes, I'm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've eat'n one also and yes I do live in Louisiana. It really wasn't that bad, you just have to get the idea of what your eat'n out of your mind..... He'll they're vegetarians

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Tuesday's meeting between the mayors was not by mistake. Six months ago, Mayor Holden spent some time in Beijing, looking for ways to increase economic development. He says these days, expanding our economy means thinking globally. "See what it takes to get companies to locate here and see what it takes to get companies here to go there." Holden says even the state is looking into relationships with China by having an office there.
Both mayors say while things are still in the talking stages, they can agree that China and Baton Rouge could serve each other well.
"Improve the relationship and potential opportunities between Baton Rouge and our city, Heze, China. In agriculture, forestry and student exchange programs," said Mayor Bohan.
It's possible the nutria alone could seal the deal. Mayor Bohan is also interested in processing Louisiana's discarded motor oil into diesel oil. Mayor Holden will return to China in April. He says that's when they plan to sign a sister city relationship agreement.

great.. moving more US jobs to China and vise versa... ya right. a city of Baton Rouge office in China?:eek::rotfl:

Sounds like Holden is having one heck of a good time on taxpayers dollars. :help: is he kin to O?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
They are actually pretty clean critters...Ate many a one while out on the duck lease in the Louisiana marshes...
Like Coach says..."finger lickin good"
Used to hunt them when they had a price on their little furry heads.... .25 each....:biggrin:...Spot light and wack them with .22 cal at night along shoreline..
They were imported to control the water lily problems on the waterways over in Louisiana...They soon became the problem...

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
That's how japan started with the tuna :biggrin:, Everyone was throwing away big Bluefin tuna until Japan wanted them.

Matt

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
A lot of people trapped for a live'n when their hides were worth something but that was years ago.....

·
www.bayoumetalcreations.c om
911 Posts
Da aint gettin my nutrias thats good eatin right there. We dont waste nuttin down here
gonna make my ole lady a nutria coat dis year for christmas.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
Good to hear they want the Nutria !!!

While they are at it,... they can round up all the " Cormorants " aka; 'water turkeys" and take the back home with them !!

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Good to hear they want the Nutria !!!

While they are at it,... they can round up all the " Cormorants " aka; 'water turkeys" and take the back home with them !!
Yeah, for every 3 ditch rats you buy we'll throw in a free water turkey! ha

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Some how I get the feeling that my phone is gunna be ringing soon..
AAHHH SO,, MISTR QUEST,We have berry good offer for you rat killin experiance..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts