2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming in from fishing this morning, and at the mouth of the main canal there were two jet skis coming out into the bay. The first one was driven by a maybe 12 year old boy and the second by a 10-11 year old boy with a 6-7 year old girl on the back. All were wearing matching wet suits and life jackets. There were no adults anywhere!:mad:
I motored by a hundred yards or so and then turned around and went back. I caught up with them coming in from the bay and headed for a house.
I stopped them and told them it was illegal to operate a jet ski under 16 or ride one without an adult. I told 'em I would call the cops and the game warden if I saw them on the skis again. They didn't say a word. A young blonde lady came out of the house and downstairs. I told her the same thing, but she wouldn't even look at me.....
I swear people have NO SENSE! three kids all under twelve in the bay in the winter with 50 degree water and No adult supervision.:mad:

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Should be outlawed. Saw a teenage dude with 2 girls on the back hit the RR bridge at Bayou Vista going about 25 mph. It was an ugly experience for all.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Boy! Times have changed and,,,,

there are a lot more nannys out there today. I grew up where my family had a home on a 30,000 acre lake and had my own fishing boat with a 15 hp outboard at 10 and was driving the ski boat and running all over the lake at 12. This wasn't an isolated lake either, there were weekend homes all over it and my brother and I knew every inch of it.

Had my own 410 shotgun at 6 and a 20 gauge @ 10 and a .22 @ 12.

I was taught all of the above could be dangerous if used inproperly and was punished severly for reckless behavior. Perhaps that is the difference, too many parents refuse to teach their children responsibility today and make excuses for their transgressions.

All you nannys keep interferring in how parents raise their children and ignore the bad behavior of your own. It seems to be working so well. :headknock

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
people in general have lost their minds.... nothing nowadays surprises me! green to you for doing what was right by bringing the parents into the picture even though they were not receptive, just call the cops next time!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I was coming in from fishing this morning, and at the mouth of the main canal there were two jet skis coming out into the bay. The first one was driven by a maybe 12 year old boy and the second by a 10-11 year old boy with a 6-7 year old girl on the back. All were wearing matching wet suits and life jackets. There were no adults anywhere!:mad:
I motored by a hundred yards or so and then turned around and went back. I caught up with them coming in from the bay and headed for a house.
I stopped them and told them it was illegal to operate a jet ski under 16 or ride one without an adult. I told 'em I would call the cops and the game warden if I saw them on the skis again. They didn't say a word. A young blonde lady came out of the house and downstairs. I told her the same thing, but she wouldn't even look at me.....
I swear people have NO SENSE! three kids all under twelve in the bay in the winter with 50 degree water and No adult supervision.:mad:
Could you devulge a little more info here please? ;)

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
I'd rather deal with a mad fisherman than deal with one of my kids dead. What if the parents had no idea what the kids were up to?

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
and what if a Great White shark swam up there and ate them and the jet ski! and what if the young blonde nanny was a smokin' hot supple 20-something with a firm body, nice hooters and no inhibitions??? HUH!!?? WHAT IF??!??!! :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
307 Posts
were the kids doing anything wrong or dangerous, or just young. Not sure i understand the issue, im sure a lot of us on here were doing things at a young age that would not be tolerated these days. if they were not speeding / driving wreckless i dont see the problem.

·
Registered
307 Posts
lol, like i said we were all doing things when we were younger that would not be tolerated now days. I realize there are laws but if these kids have been taught right from wrong........oh never mind.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
there are a lot more nannys out there today. I grew up where my family had a home on a 30,000 acre lake and had my own fishing boat with a 15 hp outboard at 10 and was driving the ski boat and running all over the lake at 12. This wasn't an isolated lake either, there were weekend homes all over it and my brother and I knew every inch of it.

I was taught all of the above could be dangerous if used inproperly and was punished severly for reckless behavior. Perhaps that is the difference, too many parents refuse to teach their children responsibility today and make excuses for their transgressions.

All you nannys keep interferring in how parents raise their children and ignore the bad behavior of your own. It seems to be working so well. :headknock
a fishing boat with a 15HP outboard does not go 50+ MPH

nor are they near as agile as a PWC.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
At 14 I had complete access to a 15ft bostonwhaler with a 25 on it, and ran the reef from North of El Pescador to San Pedro by myself, sometimes in the dark. Still, that was then (mid 70's)and this is now! the kids shouldn't be on them and the parents are the ones that will pay for their stupidity. Either through a ticket , but hopefully nothing worse. PWC's are dangerous and especially in the wrong UNTRAINED hands. A 12 year old, unsupervised,on the average, is just too young mentally to handle one and I'm sure thats why the law is the way it is.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts

A jet ski is like a crotch rocket Hayabusa. Your little boat with a 15 is like a baby 50cc dirtbike or smaller....

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
the kids were underage to operate without an adult. brian castille and i came upon an accident this year. 2 kids were on jet skis and ran into each other. one kid had most likely a broken leg and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. no adults around except us!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts